Episode 11: Be-Knighted

"Why are you training again?" I ask Ben, watching him in awe as he takes a few swings at a punching bag. He pants as he speaks "I mean, it's great to have the Omnitrix and all...but there might come a time when it's not enough." Ben says "That's literally the most powerful device in the universe, Benji." I giggle, sitting on the bench lazily. I keep his jacket tied around the top of my head "Either way, gotta expand my repertoire." He grunts, punching the bag.

Gwen peeks from behind it, "Your repertoire?" Gwen asks "Yeah," Ben says confidently before roundhouse kicking the punching bag "HYAH! That's savate, and this is karate!" "I know, Ben. I taught it to you." Gwen says, quirking an eyebrow at him. "Yeah? Well, here's some hood old marquess of Queensberry boxing. You might not want to look away, N/N, you'll miss the show." Ben says, looking at me with a flirty grin. Gwen rolls her eyes and pushes the punching bag-it knocks Ben onto his back.

He rubs his head before a wide smile, "Good idea—head butt!" Ben says. He lets out a battle cry and charges towards the punching, I teleport in front of him. I levitate Ben in place, "Let's not..." I say with a nervous grin. "Honestly, did your craziness get transferred to him?" Gwen teases lightly "Gwen, do you not remember how we were when we were kids? Benji's got plenty of his own crazy. It's one of the many reasons why I love him~" I chuckle, teleporting Ben to my side. I hug happily, Ben laughs with red cheeks.

The door opens, "Ok, fun's over," Kevin says, walking into the gym "I just set up a meeting for Ben and Nutjob." I stop holding Ben "With who?" Ben and I ask in sync. Kevin cringes for a second before he grabs Ben by the arm, "It's important. Come on." Kevin says quickly, grabbing my hood and dragging us. "With who, Kevin?" Gwen asks firmly.

"Um...The Forever Knights." Kevin states "No way!" Gwen says, I teleport out of his hold. "Are you crazy?!" Ben shouts, yanking his arm away from Kevin. He sighs, "Hold it, hold it. They're in trouble. They need help." Kevin says. "And that's our problem...why?" I ask, tilting my head "Yeah, they're not exactly friends of ours." Gwen says, crossing her arms. "Right, and that means they wouldn't be reaching out unless they had a really good reason. Aren't you curious to find out what?" Kevin asks.

The three of us stare at him, "How much did they pay you?" I ask, Gwen raises an eyebrow at him, Kevin scoffs offendedly. "That hurts. Don't you think I ever do anything out of the goodness of my heart?" Kevin asks, Gwen and I share a look, "How much?" Gwen asks. "...I cut them a deal. Traded them for some alien tech." Kevin admits. Gwen sighs "Kevin..." Ben glances at us, "He's got a point though. If the Knights are desperate enough to ask us for help, we should at least hear what they have to say." Ben says seriously.

~💚~

"-That's the most ridiculous story I've ever heard!" I sigh, stuffing my hands in my pockets as we follow a squire through the Forever Knights castle. "No, it's true. Everyone thinks dragons are creature of myth, fiction. But they're real, Y/N. At least one was...and is." The squire says. "Did you say 'is'?" Ben asks.

A/N: The squire does not have a name, so we're just calling him Squire because that's what it says on the wiki.

Squire guides us through the hallway, I glance at the many tapestries, "1,000 years ago, a handful of knights battled a giant fire breathing beast. They were the king's greatest warriors, but even they couldn't finish it off. All they could do was trap it and then build a stone fortress around it. Years went by. Dozens of farfetched dragon legends sprang up, but all the while, the knights were passing the custody of the real beast down from father to son to grandson. Unfortunately, the dragon was invulnerable to every new weapon we tried on it. The latest was an alien quantum-disassembler cannon. We had high hopes for it, and still do, but...well...the dragon escaped." Squire sighs. Our eyes widen, "Ben, Y/N...we need you to help us." Squire states.