Episode 21: Voided

A/N: I did not mean to take so long to update this book. I'm so sorry, school literally has me in a chokehold and then I was very sad for a few weeks (haha depression 😃). Anyway, we're up and running again. Thanks for your patience.

Also, I've been watching Fiona and Cake and now I've fallen in love with the Simon. Simon motivated me to write in a "new" character. I'm not elaborating, read the chapter.

Gwen gags as she pushes Ben's dirty laundry out of her way, "Tell us about this message already, Gwen. We've got homework." Ben sighs impatiently "Let's just wait for Kevin. Then I don't have to tell it twice." Gwen says. "Was it an email? We can just read it." I state, Gwen turns to us, "A telepathic SOS sent through my energy field. Oh, look! A dollhouse." She hums, pulling out one of Ben's old action figure sets. Ben jumps up from his seat and I start to giggle, "It's not a dollhouse! It's a Sumo Slammers' Battle Ring!" Ben corrects with a pout on his face.

"With dolls in it." Gwen scoffs lightly "Action figures! They're not dolls. They're collectibles." Ben sighs. Gwen stands up, staring at it for a moment, "They look like dolls to-" Gwen suddenly cries out in pain, she drops the action figure set. I leap up from Ben's bed and rush over to her, "You ok?" Ben ask. Gwen slowly opens her eyes, they start to glow "Something's coming in..." She mumbles before a Mana hologram appears in front of us. Helen appears in the hologram

"Can you hear me, Gwen? Did you find Ben and Y/N? We need help!"

"Helen!" Ben and I gasp in sync, the bedroom door opens and Kevin pauses. "Holograms? It's never like I come over, and you're just playing video games or something." He sighs, shutting the door behind him. The four of us stare at the hologram, "I can't hear you..." Helen sighs "Helen, we're right here!" Ben calls out. "You guys, if you're getting this message, it's important. Please help us!" She begs, I frown seriously, "Hard to focus...can't keep connection..." Gwen winces. I glance at her in concern, "There is terrible danger. We need help desperately. It's a matter of life and death! Please!" Helen says desperately before the hologram completely disappears.

Gwen groans and stumbles to her knees, Kevin catches her. "You ok?" He asks in concern, Gwen looks at him tiredly, "Yeah," She sighs "Anyway, I'm doing better than those Plumber kids." "What did they expect, going into the Null Void? Not like we didn't warn them." Kevin says, he shrugs lazily. Gwen shoots him a look, "We have to go get them out." She says, Kevin frowns protectively.

"You're not going in there. I've there. It's-"
"I can handle it."

Gwen and Kevin frown at each other, Ben sighs. "No, you can't. There's too much riding on us being here." Ben says, Gwen huffs, "You heard her. They need help." Gwen says "I know. That's why Y/N and I are going alone." Ben states.

~💚~

I adjust my jetpack with an uncomfortable frown on my face. Ben easily puts his on and turns to assist me with mine. "Last time I went into the Null Void, I didn't need all this junk." Ben sighs "I did. Max wouldn't let me go in without it." I mumble, feeling sad at the thought of Max. "Last time, you had a motor home full of cool state-of-the-art Plumber gear." Kevin states, Ben scoffs and places his hands on his hips, "Which you stole." He says.

"The point is, it's gonna be tricky to get you guys out. Even if I'm able to temporarily whip a doorway into the Null Void, this cable's the only thing connecting you to-" "It's not a cable," Kevin cuts Gwen off "The Plumber Snake is an unbreakable, pan-dimensional retrieval system worth mucho dinero, which you are very lucky I have." Gwen attaches the cable to Ben. I coo, pressing my cheeks together, "Aw, you'd miss us." I tease. Kevin rolls his eyes, "I got better ways to spend my time than going out to your funeral." He scoffs, I grin at him even more. "There's only one cable, Y/N. So you're gonna have to stay close to Ben." Gwen tells me, I shrug and wraps my arms around him, "I have no problem with that." I say happily. Ben smiles at me, but Gwen frowns, "Remember, if you get separated from Ben and the cable...I don't know if we can bring you back." She warns, I make a rope appear, I tie it around my and Ben's waists, leashing us together. "Got it." I say.