Episode 12: Plumber's Helpers

A/N: A lot of this chapter takes place in my POV because...I can't just not write Helen and Manny. I love them too much.

~Author's POV~

Manny and Helen ride in their truck, "Ha! Did you see the look on that DNAlien's face when we roped him? That was one freaked out—...what?" Manny asks, noticing Helen's heavy stare. "Forget it, Manny." She sighs, she stares out the window distantly. Manny frowns before grinning, "Helen~. Come on. Talk to me." He teases, poking her with his lower arms "Quit it." Helen huff, she shoos his hands way. "Come on." Manny says "Stop. I said no!" Helen snaps, smacking his hand away.

"Ow! What is with you?" Manny asks, holding his hand "Nothing's with me. I just—I wish Pierce were here..." Helen sighs sadly, Manny glances at her for a second, "Yeah, I know. Me too." Manny says. Helen glares out the window, "Yeah right." She scoffs, Manny frowns "What do you mean?...Your brother and me-" "Argued over every single mission. Who's in charge? Do it this way. No, my plan's better." Helen mimics them.

Manny stares at her before sighing, "Ok, yeah, we disagreed, but now that he's..." He trails off as Helen glares at him. Helen turns away with a frustrated growls, Manny sighs, "Helen, I'm just tying to do what we all agreed to do-fry every DNAlien we can find." He states, an alarm goes off, earning the pair's attention. Helen reads the alarm, "4 of them, and they're close." She states "Where?" Manny asks seriously. Helen stares at the screen for a second, "Back at the sewage plant." She says, Manny jerks the wheel. The van turns harshly.

~💚~

Manny uses a scanner outside the sewage plant, "Can't get a lock on 'em. Stupid machine." He huff "Want me to try?" Helen asks "NO! Shh." He says. Manny moves the scanner around, it beeps loudly, picking up on you, Ben, Gwen and Kevin.

"Are you sure you know where you're going, Sherlock and Watson?" Kevin asks "For once, can you close your mouth and open your eyes? Just follow the footprints." Ben sighs "Am I Sherlock or Watson?" You ask. "Would you guys be quiet? There could be a guard or something." Gwen whispers firmly, "Gwenie, when has a guard ever stopped us? At this point, we shouldn't fear authority figures. We are authority figures." You laugh, Kevin mutters out a quiet agreement "See, he gets it." You states, gesturing to Kevin. "I'm not doing this tonight, Y/N." Gwen sighs bitterly, glaring at the floor. Ben looks around in confusion, "I'd swear that alien made it here." He says. "Well, there's no sign of him now." Gwen says, Kevin looks down and gasps mischievously. "Check this out. Another toy got my collection." He says.

Helen turns to Manny, "What did he say?" She asks. Manny puts the Scanner away, "Doesn't matter. Let's dust him." Manny growls, walking away, Helen swiftly grabs his wrist, she lets go off him. "We can't. The Eradicannon needs more time to recharge. How about, instead, we follow 'em. Maybe they'll lead us to a whole nest if DNAliens..." Helen turns to see Manny was already gone "Manny?" She asks.

Manny climbs up the wall, "Manny." Helen sighs, running after him. It didn't take long for Manny to reach the roof, the four of you were already in Kevin's car. Manny grins widely, pulling out all four of his guns. He aims at the car, Helen runs in front of him and snatches all the guns. She glares at him, "You never listen, do you?" She sighs, throwing the guns off the roof. Manny clenches his fist, "They're getting away!" He snaps angrily "No, they aren't." Helen says, tossing a tracking device on the back of Kevin's car as the four of you drive away.

~💚~

Helen stares at the footage of Pierce sadly, the doors opens, causing her to flinch. "Come here. Wanna show you something." Manny states, walking into the control room. Helen follows, "What is it?" She asks "I fed the thermal scans from the sewage plant into one of Pierce's computers." Manny tells her, he presses a button on the control panel. The screen comes on with nothing but static, "Wow...I'm impressed." Helen scoffs, crossing her arms.