Episode 18: Undercover

A/N: At the time of writing this, I have just seen Across the Spider-Verse, and it reminded me of how excited I was to write the alternate Ben realities. Now I'm sad. Because of freaking HBOmax or whatever it's called now.

ATSV was 10000/10 movie though. I'm foaming at the mouth because I want to watch it again so bad.

It ends on a cliffhanger. Fair warning to those who care.

This technically ends on a cliffhanger too. Well, the state of Ben and Y/N's relationship ends on a cliffhanger.

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨💚✨✨✨✨✨✨✨

I bite on my cast, "Stop that." Gwen scolds "It's itchy. And you told me not to scratch it." I huff "Don't bite it either." Gwen sighs. It hurts so much...

Kevin places a banana inside the teleporter pod.

"This is a very bad idea. I mean, we don't even know how to work a teleporter." Gwen states, Kevin turns to us, "Gotta start somewhere." He says with a shrug "What's the worst that can happen?" I ask, I flash a lopsided grin. Gwen sighs, "Ben, tell these two this seems like a very bad idea..." She looks around in confusion, Ben's no where to be seen. "Ben? Are you hiding?" Gwen asks, Ben pops out behind some creates. "No. It's just if a fly lands on that banana when it teleports and it rematerializes as a deadly banana fly monster, I don't wanna be standing right next to it, is all." Ben states. Kevin starts to power up the teleporter. "Don't see the big deal, Tennyson. Didn't you used to turn into an insect all the time?" Kevin asks.

Aw, I miss Stinkfly.

"That was different." Ben says. We all walk over to the control center as the teleporter starts, "Here we go." Kevin says, pressing a button. The banana floats in the air as it teleports out of the room. It's gone for only a second before comes right back, but it's darker. The banana hits the ground, bubbling-the banana explodes into an ugly, gooey, brown mess.

The teleporter glitches and sparks, "That's not good." Kevin mutters "Turn it off before it blows!" Ben says. The control panel sparks, "It's too hot!" Kevin shouts, shielding his face from the sparks. "I know who can take the heat." Ben says, hitting down on the Omnitrix. He turns into Swampfire, Ben quickly turns off the teleporter. The control panel stops sparking, it starts to smoke. I cough harshly...not having my powers made my asthma a lot more prominent. I miss not having to deal with it as much.

The teleporter is still sparking, "Open the door!" Ben order before running to the teleporter. Gwen's hand glow and the garage door opens, Ben grunts as he throws the teleporter outside, "Everybody down!" Ben shouts. The teleporter glows a bright white, I continue to cough and wheeze, Ben wraps his arms around me tightly and pushes us to the floor.

The flash stops, we all stand up. Ben turns back into himself, "Everyone alright?" Ben asks, keeping his arms firmly wrapped around me. I let out another cough, Ben shoots me a concerned look, "N/N, where's your inhaler? Please tell me you have it with you..." He stresses.

I did in fact not have it with me. But I will not tell Mr Protective that.

"Forget her! What about the teleporter pad?!" Kevin asks, I glare at him, trying to calm my coughing fit.

Kevin runs outside, Gwen watches him before letting out a heavy sigh, "Deep down, he's really glad you're-I'm mean, we're ok." She states, following him. Ben stops me from moving, "You don't have your inhaler, do you?" He sighs knowingly. I avoid looking at him, Ben lets out a tired sigh. "Y/N, I've been thinking long and hard about this...you shouldn't be going with us on missions right now." He states, looking down sadly, my eyes widen. "What?" I gasp with an offended frown.