Episode 24: Unearthed

I lay on the backseat of Kevin's car with a bored expression. At least I got the whole seat to myself, Ben sits in the front and Gwen hovers in front of the car as Kevin slowly drives behind her, "I'm definitely getting something. The Mana trail is getting stronger and stronger." Gwen says loudly. "You said that two hours ago, Gwen!" Kevin sighs, sticking his head out the window so she could hear him, "Trying to concentrate, Kevin." Gwen says. Kevin huffs, "Let her work." Ben sighs "For what? It's a wild goose chase." Kevin says

"I don't think so. All those reports of a monster wandering around here, wrecking stuff." Ben says "That doesn't mean it's the DNAliens, Benji," I say "It could be a bear that escaped from the zoo." "No reports of missing animals from any zoo in the entire state." Gwen says. "Aw, really? I'd love to fight a bear..." I whine, slouching even more, "It must be a DNAlien. What else is strong enough to tear down a traffic light?" Ben asks "And DNAliens are mad at the traffic light why?" Kevin asks "I don't know, but-" "Hold up, guys! Got something for sure. It's close." Gwen says.

We all come to a stop and look at a large green monster, "Over there." Gwen whispers. The monster tries to pick up a cactus, it howls in pain, letting the cactus go and holding its hand. The monster takes a deep breath before picking up the cactus, ripping it out the ground and eating it. It gags and pits out bits of cactus, it tries to get the thorns off its tongue. "This is a really dumb monster..." Kevin says as we get out the car "Dumb or not. It's a monster we need to take down." Ben says seriously.

The monster pulls a DNAlien device out of its...wagon, "Drop it!" Ben shouts as he and Kevin run up to the monster. The monster throws the device at them, they quickly dodge and drop to the floor, the ground shakes when the device hits the floor. Ben looks at Kevin, "To be fair, you did tell him to drop it." Kevin says. The monster walks pasts them and picks up the device, the monster picks up the device and smiles innocently, nuzzling its face again the device. We all stare, "He's not very DNAlieny, is he?" Ben asks "That looks like Highbreed tech, though, so maybe he's working for them." Kevin suggest. I turn to see Gwen walking away, "Where are you going?" I ask, following her. "Bathroom. Wanna come with?" Gwen asks "Uh, sure." I say with a shrug. "Good, that means you can just teleport me back home." Gwen says, smiling "innocently". I roll my eyes and snort before teleporting us to her house.

I'm sure Ben and Kevin handle this alone for a few minutes.

~💚~

I teleport us back, only to find Ben (who's Humongousaur now) and Kevin ganging up the monster. The monster shakes in terror, honestly I would too—Ben's in Humongousaur's largest and scariest form. The monster whimpers and sniffles, "What the h*ll happened here?!" I ask in shock, we were gone for literally 5 minutes!

Gwen sighs, she makes a Mana wall that traps the monster in a small circle. "We leave you guys alone for 5 minutes..." Gwen sighs in disapproval, Ben shrinks back into Humongousaur's normal size and Kevin runs up. I look up at the monster in concern, it stares back at us. The monster grunts happily, pressing its face against Gwen's Mana.

"Is that monster for 'I give up'?" Kevin asks "Do I look like I speak Monsterese?" Ben scoffs "...Oh right..." He adds, looking at the Omnitrix, the monster smiles at us happily, "It's calming down...I think the fight's over." Gwen says, the monster punches Gwen's Mana wall, it shatters in an instant. I yelp when the monster grabs me "Y/N!" Ben shouts, watching me with wide eyes. The monster brings me close to its face and smiles at me, I teleport out of its grip. The monster laughs and quickly grabs me again, "Son of a b*tch..." I whines. The monster tilts its head in confusion, "I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the situation." I explain with a shrug.