Episode 25: War of the Worlds (Part 1)

A/N: Posting this today instead of tomorrow since today's my last day of school 🥳

I sit on the bleachers, doodling in my sketchbook as Ben's team plays soccer. It's been a while since he's gotten the chance to play. Ben stands in front of the goal with a determined expression, he glances at the crowd and smiles when he sees me. I wave at him, he waves back before quickly catching the soccer ball. He tosses it back to the other players.

"I'm afraid the time for enjoyment has passed, my friend." Paradox says, appearing beside me "Professor Paradox!" I gasp "And one other." He states before Azmuth leans from behind him, my eyes widen. "Come with me." Paradox says with a serious tone, I turn my attention to Ben. He briefly glances at me—he does a double take and looks at us with wide eyes...

~💚~

"What's so important that I have to miss the auto show?" Kevin sighs as the 6 of us stand in the Mr Smoothy parking lot. "The imminent destruction of your primitive world and all who live here." Azmuth states "But if you'd rather go look at a new convertible, by all means." Gwen retorts, Kevin smirks at her lovingly.

Ben fiddles with the straw of his smoothie I bought him because I felt bad that he got dragged away from the game. "Professor?" He asks with a serious expression, "The Highbreed attack has already begun." Paradox states "We know, we've been fighting them for weeks." I say. "The situation has escalated. They have conquered my home world, the only planet with the technology to fight them head on." Azmuth says.

The vibe becomes a little tenser, "And their next target?" Ben asks, but it sounds like he already knows the answer, "Earth." Paradox says. "The Highbreed attack plan has worked on a dozen worlds. They send a small number of Highbreed to the target planet." Azmuth states "Then infiltrate the locals by turning them into DNAlien slaves." Paradox adds "And use the slaves to build a jump gate." Kevin says.

"Correct. A hyperspace jump gate is an interstellar shortcut allowing the Highbreed to send warships across the galaxy in a matter of seconds." Azmuth states "The four of us could barely take down one of their ships." Ben says. "The ship you defeated wasn't a warship. It was a small cruiser." Paradox says, everyone tenses up "That's encouraging..." I sigh nervously, leaning on Kevin's car. "No force on this planet could stand against even a single Highbreed warship. They will send hundreds." Azmuth says "Yeah, ok, we get it. We're f*cked." Kevin sighs. "Unless we stop them before they complete the hyperspace jump gate." Paradox says "It should be simple enough to find, even if they cloak it." Azmuth says "It would have to be someplace with an enormous supply of quartz crystal, to stabilize the matter-transmission frequency." Paradox adds

All this information is kinda starting to hurt my brain...

"You mean like the abandoned quartz mine in Los Soledad?" Gwen asks "Where we saw DNAliens building a giant arch." I add. "So we know where we gotta go and we know what we gotta do." Kevin says seriously "Direct approach." Gwen says, Ben takes off his jersey, underneath he has his black shirt on, "Sure. Direct...but not stupid," He says "We've met a bunch of Plumbers' kids with superpowers, and a lot of them owe us favors. I say we call them in."

Serious Ben, and he's just changing his clothes right in front of me...if I died right now, I'd die happy~

D*mn, I can't be serious for more than 10 seconds.

Ben reaches for his green jacket I've had wrapped around my waist, he lets me wear it for "good luck", I doubt that's the reason, but I'll never pass up the chance to wear Ben's jacket. I take it off and hand it to him, "May I suggest you send your teammates out for that job?" Azmuth asks "Why?" Ben asks, tilting his head to the side. "I would like to have a word with the wielder of my Omnitrix, in private." Azmuth says, "Right, like I'm gonna miss this. See you when you back, Gwen, Nutjob." Kevin says, Gwen and I glance at each other. Gwen grabs his arm firmly "Hey!" Kevin winces, "Kevin Ethan Levin, you come with us right now!" Gwen scolds, dragging him.