89

Joey POV

I waited for Beth to round the corner as she was helping me cause a distraction so we could get into the medicine locker.  I pretended to be mopping the floor. Suddenly I heard loud coughing as Beth rounded the corner nodding to me, "Now." I nod before putting the key in the lock and unlock it. I hear officers rush to Percy coughing. Beth and I quickly searched through the medications until I found the right one. I quickly grabbed it, placing it into the front pocket of my scrub top. I quickly relock the medication locker before we walk around the corner allowing Percy to know we were done. We snuck into Carol's room and started to try to save her. I hung fluids and attached them to Carol's IV as Beth drew up the Epinephrine. Beth slowly pushed the Epinephrine. Beth and I stood at the side of Carol's bed hoping to see something quickly rather than the reality of how long or if the medication would work. "Carol. It's Beth and Joey. We just wanted you to know that we were here."

Mads POV

"So Joey's your daughter, Madison is it?" Lecari asks looking at me. I nod, "Yes. She is." He nods, "Dawn's not gonna want to let them go. Joey and Beth have become Dawn's helpers. She holds onto helpers tightly, just ask Noah." I shrug, "She'll have no choice to hand them over." Lacari laughs slightly, "Why? To save a couple of her cops?" I shake my head, "No, to save everything she's worked so hard to protect and herself. If she doesn't trade, we'll kill every last person coming between us and our people." 

I walked away from them and over to Rick who was with Lamson. "She'll tell you she won't make a deal. She'll tell you she won't compromise. But she will. She always does. Just- just know who you're talking to." Lamson tells Rick and I. Rick nods, "Probably heading out in the next 10 minutes or so." I look to Lamson, "Anything you need before we leave?" He smiles, "Actually, water would be great." I nod, "Will do." I look back to see Sasha was already grabbing the water and heading for us. Rick nodded, "Thanks, Sergeant Lamson." Lamson shook his head, "My name's Bob." I sighed looking over to Sasha who was already looking towards him. As I don't blame her, she was taking Bob's death hard. Worse than I took Shane or Rick took Lori. It's turned her angry, and in this world angry gets you killed. Rick waves him off, "You're still a cop." Lamson shakes his head, "No. No, the real ones are all gone." I rubbed Rick's back as we headed to the rest of the group. Sasha took Lamson to the south side of the building to for her to shoot a walker he once knew. 

After not seeing them come back for a minute we grew concerned. "We should go check on them. They should've been back by now." The story we were told wasn't quite adding up either, I mean those walkers melted to the ground were almost unrecognizable. Tyreese, Rick, and I headed to the south side of the building while Daryl and Noah stayed with the cops. As we approached, we see Sasha on the ground unconscious. We rush over to her making sure she was still alive. Rick looks over to the open door, "Madison on me, we're going after him. Tyreese make sure she's alight." Rick and I run through the door Lamson ran out of. We run quickly in the only direction he could've went until we ran into a cop car. "Get in." Rick tells me and I nod as we both get in. Rick quickly drives ahead until we see a small herd following a running Lamson. Rick grabs the radio, "Stop. Stop right now." I look ahead to see Lamson continue to run. "Stop. I won't ask again." Rick warns him. Lamson doesn't stop. I look over to Rick, "I can shoot him. Just a graze from here, enough to get him to stop and bring him back." Rather than answering, Rick slams on the gas hitting Lamson before stopping the car. Lamson flew forward a few feet, hitting the ground. Rick and I sat in silence staring at him for a few minutes before getting out of the car. "Help me." Lamson yelled out, "You crazy sons of bitches. I think you broke my back." Rick sighed, "It didn't have to be like this. You just had to stop." Lamson struggled to get his words out, "I couldn't. I don't know you people. But I think I'm getting the idea." I kneeled down to him, "All I am is a mother trying to get back her little girl, anyone that comes in between that is going to lose. All you had to do was stay put, then we'd do the trade, and all go home free. But instead you're going to die today. Let that be a message to your other officers." He shook his head, "Take me back. Take me back to the hospital. I did this for your friends." Rick shakes his head, "Not after this, no. Can't go back, Bob." Lamson looked up at us, "Your girl is weak, she's going to die out here, you're all going to-" Lamson was cut off by Rick shooting him in the head, "Shut up." Rick grabs my hand pulling me up with him, "She's strong." I nod, "I know Rick, where do you think she got it from?" Rick gives me a small smile before we walk back to the police car and head back to the warehouse.