70

I know majority of you don't complain, but sorry again for such a long chapter, I figured it would be somewhat pointless to cut up an episode that the events just flowed pretty well. Anyways! Enjoy loves!!

Joey POV

Daryl was teaching me how to track and Beth how to track and use the crossbow. "Are we close?" I asked Daryl he nodded, "Almost done." "How do you know?" Beth asked. He shrugged, "The signs are all there. Just got to know how to read 'em." We started walking forward. "What are we tracking?" He looked at us, "You two tell me. You're the ones who wanted to learn." I stepped ahead, "Well, something came through here. The pattern is all zig-zaggy. It's a walker." "Maybe it's a drunk." Daryl joked. Beth laughed giving me a high five, "We're getting good at this. Pretty soon we won't need you at all." Daryl rolled his eyes, "Yeah, keep on tracking." We kept walking until we saw the walker eating something. "It's got a gun." Beth said and Daryl nodded. I looked to Beth, "Let me try." Beth nods handing me the crossbow and I point it towards the walker. I slowly walk towards it step by step until my foot gets caught in a trap causing me to fall and cry out in pain. The walker looks to me, starting to come for me and i slowly pull the crossbow out shooting it in the head, but missing the brain. Daryl runs forward smacking it with a crossbow as Beth fails to get my foot unstuck. Daryl slides to the ground next to me releasing my foot. "Can you move it?" He asks me concerned and I nod wiggling my foot around, "Yeah." Beth rubs my back as he helps me move my foot around ensuring I can move it, it hurts, but I can do it.

I had one arm on each Daryl's and Beth's shoulder helping me walk as I was limping pretty hard. It was also hard keeping my arms on their shoulder's cause they were taller than I was, especially Daryl. We made it to what looked like a cemetery. "Can we-- can we hold up a sec?" I ask them and Beth looks to me, "You all right?" I nod, "I just need to sit down." Daryl nods, "All right. Hold up." He hands Beth his cross bow and exhales before bending in front of me, "Hop on." I give him a look, "Are you serious?" He nods, "Yeah. This is a serious piggyback. Jump up." I jump onto his back and once he steadies me he breaths out, "You're heavier than you look." Beth looks up to the funeral home, "Maybe there are people there." Daryl nods, "Yeah, if there are, I'll handle them." Beth sighs, "There are still good people, Daryl." Daryl shook his head, "If don't think the good ones survive." I laid my head on his back as he walked us up the hill stopping when Beth stopped at a grave stone that read beloved father. Daryl leaned down nodding to me, "Grab those." He was talking about the flowers, I grabbed a bundle of flowers as Daryl leaned me down and I placed them on top of the grave stone. Beth holds onto Daryl's hand and lays her head on his shoulder. I rub her head soothingly.

Daryl carried me all the way to the house. He banged on the door as Beth held up the crossbow. "Give it a minute." He told her and she nodded. When nothing comes he sits me down and takes his crossbow back. "It's so clean." Beth says looking around. Daryl nods, "Yeah. Someone's been tending to it. May still be around." We walked into a viewing room and saw a body set up for a funeral. Daryl touched the skin on it's face showing it was deteriorating. We headed down the stairs. Daryl clears his throat looking through the cabinets, "Let's get that ankle wrapped." He looks at the two bodies dressed up, "Looks like somebody ran out of dolls to dress up." Beth looked at him, "It's beautiful. Whoever did this cared. They wanted these people to get a funeral.
They remembered these things were people before all this. They didn't let it change them in the end. Don't you think that's beautiful?" I shook my head, "I thought it was weird before, and it's definitely weird now." Daryl looks to me, "Come on." He sits me up on the little fridge as he takes my shoe off and wraps my ankle.

We head up to the kitchen and I sit on the island as Daryl and Beth scavenge through the cabinets. Beth opens the fridge, "Dang. You find anything?" Daryl opens a cabinet full of food, "Whoa." I say in awe, it had been a minute since we'd seen food like that. "Peanut butter and jelly, diet soda, and pig's feet. That's a white trash brunch right there." Daryl comments. "It all looks good to me." Beth states. Daryl shakes his head, "No, hold up. Ain't a speck of dust on this." Beth looks to him confused, "So?" He sighs, "That means somebody just put it here. This is someone's stash." "Maybe they're still alive?" I suggest. Daryl nods, "All right, we'll take some of it and we'll leave the rest, all right?" Beth smiles, "I knew it." "Knew what?" Daryl asked. "It's like I said. There are still good people." Daryl hums in response. Daryl pops something into his mouth licking his fingers. "Gross." Beth and I say in unison. "Hey, those pig's feet are mine." Daryl tells us and we nod. Pretty positive no one was fighting him for those.