87

Mads POV

I sat outside feeling as if I needed some fresh air after the night we had. We had spent the last few hours ridding the church of dead bodies and blood. I heard some rustling coming from the woods and I pulled out my rifle as I went to investigate. "You gonna pull the trigger or not?" Daryl asked me as he came out of the darkness. I instantly slung the rifle over my shoulder hugging Daryl. He wrapped his arms around me, "I missed you too." I punch him in the shoulder, "You scared me. We thought you were dead." "Is this your wife?" A voice came up beside him. I was so worried about Daryl I hadn't realized someone had came up to us. I looked to Daryl and he shook his head, "No this is Madison. Joey's mother. Madison, this is Noah." I look over to Noah, "You know Josephine? Is she alive?" Noah nods, "Her and Beth both. They saved me." I feel the tears weld up in my eyes, "Where is she?" Noah smiles, "Grady Memorial Hospital, in Atlanta. You know, she looks just like you. I mean she talked about you all the time." I smile softly before looking to Daryl, "We have to go get them." Daryl nods, "Let's talk to Rick. Make a plan." I nod before hugging Daryl again whispering in his ear, "You found them. I always knew you would." I look at the two noticing someone was missing. "Daryl where's Carol?" I asked and he sighed, "She was hit by one of their cars, just like Joey was. They took her back there. We've got us someone on the inside that knows we are here." I nod looking to the both of them, "We're going to get them back. Even if we have to kill everyone in that hospital."

Rick and I laid on the floor of the church as Judith laid asleep on my chest and Carl was cuddled into my side. "Try to rest. We have a big day tomorrow." Rick tells me and I sigh, "She's alive, Rick." Rick places a hand on my face, "I know. It might not be easy to get her back, we need you to have your strength." Carl stretches and wraps an arm around me causing Judith to tighten her arms around my neck. I look to Rick, "Our children are a pain in the ass to sleep with." Rick laughs softly, "They're attached to you, that's good. Judith has been a momma's girl since she was born." I smile looking down at my sweet little girl and kiss her head, "I love our little family." Rick looks up at me, "I love you." Rick leans forward careful of the kids and kisses me. "I love you too, Rick." I say softly before I drift to sleep.

Rick and I were working on the side of the church. Rick looked over to Noah then to me, "He wants to go to Atlanta, but I can't have that." I placed a hand on his shoulder, "I'm going so you should stay then." Rick shakes his head, "I owe it to our daughter. I owe it to Carol." I smile, "We all owe Carol." Rick sighs, "I owe her more." He kisses me softly before we head inside to check on Judith before we leave. Rick held Judith, giving her a few kisses before looking to me. I looked to Judith, "Come to mommy, I wanna give you some kisses before we leave too." Judith reaches for me and I take her giving her kisses before handing her over to Michonne. Rick hugs Carl, "We'll be back soon." He nods, "I know." I walk over to Carl and hug him. "Bring her back." He whispers to me and I nod, "I will." I kiss his head, "I love you bud." He smiles, "I love you too, mom." Carl's smile drops as he realizes what he said. I try to say something, but without saying anything Carl walks away.

I sat in the front of the box truck with Rick and Daryl sitting in the middle of the two. "Carl called me mom." I told Rick softly and he sighed, "Did he?" I nodded, "He walked away before I could say anything." Rick places a hand on my thigh, "He cares about you a lot. It's just hard for him." I nod, "I know. I just want him to know that I'm not trying to replace her, you know? If he wants to call me mom, then that's great, but if he doesn't ever, that's completely okay. I think it's just hard to convey that message when Judith calls me mom. I think in his head that gives the message that I am trying to take over as Judith will only ever know me to be her mom." Rick nods, "Talk to him, tell him that. He's a big boy, he'll understand. It's like with us, we will never forget Lori or Shane, but as time healed we found something special in between. You're important to Carl, just as he's important to you. I think he sees you as a mom, he just doesn't want to forget about Lori." I nod, "I know, Rick. It's just he's our son, I don't want him to feel that way." He nods, "I think you're thinking a little too much into it, baby. Carl loves you. Just talk to him."

Joey's POV

I sat next to Carol's bed hoping that she would wake up soon. "Excuse me." I look up to see Dr. Edwards. "I'm just checking on her." I nod staying quiet. "Did you know her?" He asks and I shake my head, "No. Everyone needs someone in their corner to pray for them." He nods as he continues to work. Beth and I agreed that we wouldn't talk about knowing Carol, we didn't need them to use her against us considering the situation we're in. We wanted them to give her chance.

Mads pov

Rick was knelt down in front of the five of us scratching a map and plan onto the ground, "At sundown we fire a shot into the air. Get two of them out on patrol. Then once it's dark enough that the rooftop spotter won't see us, we go. We cut the locks on one of the stairways, take it to the fifth floor. I open the door, Daryl takes the guard out." "How?" Tyreese asks and Rick states simply, "He slits his throat. This is all about us doing this quiet, keeping the upper hand. They're not expecting us. From there, we fan out. Knives and silenced weapon. We need to be fast. Tyreese, Sasha, take them. Daryl, you take care of whoever is in the kitchen. Madison and I have Dawn. If they're smart, the rest of them will give up. Then it'll be six on three. Eight on three once we get a weapon to Beth and Joey." Noah speaks up, "14 on three. The wards will help." Tyreese sighs, "That's best case. What's worst case? All it takes is one of those cops going down the hall at the wrong time. Then it's not quiet. All hands on deck. We're talking about a lot of bullets flying around." I shrug, "If that's what it takes." Tyreese shakes his head, "It's not." I glare at him, "That's my daughter and Beth, they are our family. If we have to we kill every last one of them, no questions asked." Tyreese sighs, "Just hear me out if we get a couple of her cops alive out here, we do an even trade. Theirs for ours. Everybody goes home." It could work, that's only if this Dawn is as understanding for a trade." Rick nods standing to Tyreese, "Yeah, I get it. And it might work. This will work." "Nah, that'll work, too. You say this Dawn, she's just trying to keep it together, right?" Daryl speaks up. Noah shrugs, "Trying and doing are two different things." Daryl nods, "You take two of her cops away, what choices does she have? Everybody goes home. Like he says." Silence fell across the room as everyone looked to Rick to be the deciding factor of how we would get our people back.