68

Mads POV

The next morning they packed everything as I made a sling for Archie using a sheet, then placed him in it. Tyreese was nice enough to carry Judith for me as we headed towards the train tracks. I was not back to 100% at all by all means, but sadly without having a secure place in this world you have to keep going. "Where is Joey?" Carol asked me and I sighed at the thought of my girl. My sweet beautiful girl. "I don't know." I spoke softly. "Is she dead?" Lizzie asked me. I stayed silent for a moment, I was unsure of what to say to the young girl. Or maybe I didn't know what to tell myself. Joey could survive on her own, she's a strong girl. I looked away, "She's just gone." Carol rubs my shoulder, as she knows how it feels. "What about Rick? Or Carl?" Mika asks. I think of my little family back at the prison. How happy we truly were all together, and how the Governor took that all away. He's dead, yet still finding a way to torture me as he did when he was alive. Archie and Judith were all I for sure knew I had left from my once happy little family. I felt anger bubbling up in me and I snapped, "They're all just gone." The girls widened their eyes and I sighed, "I'm sorry girls. I'm just exhausted." Tyreese nodded, "You gave birth yesterday. The fact that you're here, walking, is amazing." We continue walking the tracks in silence.

Rick POV

I woke up from my dream and I just sat there taking in all of my surroundings wishing I was back there. In my dream she was there, they were all there and we were happy. We had bought a house, and the apocalypse was actually over. Us and our four kids lived in this big white house, the kids actually played in the yard and went to school. Madison was a lawyer again, and me a cop. The rest of our group moved into the houses nearby, so we could all stay close. We were able to live how we were supposed to live. How I wanted us to live. But that was all gone, she was gone. Joey was gone, our whole group is just gone. Michonne was hope that maybe within all this madness, we could find them, but I'm not so sure. I sighed getting up and walking into the kitchen where I heard Carl laughing in the dining area. I smiled hearing him laugh, it was a sound I thought didn't exist anymore. It went quiet and then Michonne walked into the kitchen with me. I looked over to her, "Thank you. I heard him laughing in there. Almost forgot what that sounded like. I can't be his father and his best friend. He needs you. I know that's a lot to throw at you. So if you're ever feeling like you need a break-" She cut me off shaking her head, "I'm done taking breaks. So what's the plan? This place, is it home or just a stop along the way?" I sighed, not really even knowing myself, "Well, let's- let's just stay here while we figure it out." Michonne nods, "Well, we'll need more supplies. I'll go with Carl and get some." She goes to walk out, but I stop her, "I'll come, too." She looks back to me, "You were unconscious yesterday." I shrug, "I'm awake today." She sighs, "We need you strong. Just rest. Just one more day." I nodded and she left the room to get ready. I sighed, I didn't like feeling as I was useless, but she was right. I had to be strong for Carl.

I followed Carl and Michonne outside, "How long you think you'll be?" Michonne turned back to me, "Fill a couple bags, shouldn't be too long." I look down at the watch, "It's 8:15 now." She nods, "We'll be back by noon." I nod looking to Carl pulling out my gun and handing it to him, "All right, you follow her lead. You understand?" He sighs taking it. I look closer to him and something was off, "Hey. Everything okay?" He nods, "Yeah, I'm just... hungry." I pat his back, "All right. I'll see you in a couple hours." They walk off as I walk back into the house. I push the couch up to the door again, doubling over in pain once the couch hits the door. I sit on the side of the couch to catch my breath before heading up the stairs. I change the bandage across my stomach before putting on a new shirt. I grab a book before laying back on the bed. I read a few chapters before falling asleep.

I jolt awake when I hear a loud scream and a group of men laughing from downstairs. I reach for my gun, until I realize I gave it to Carl. I check the watch seeing that it's almost time for Michonne and Carl to be back. Shit. I hear one of them start to head up the stairs and I quickly roll to the other side of the bed hopping off of it and heading to check out the door. I see one of the men head into one of the other rooms. I hear another come and I quickly grab the book off the bed and slide under it. I go to reach for the stuff on the table, but slide back under the bed when I see the guy walk past the room carrying a rifle. When He passes I quickly grab the water bottle off the table. They can not see that someone was just here. The guy with the rifle walks back into the room I was in and I tried to hold my breath as best as I could. He checked the closet before walking over to the dresser. I could hear the watch ticking, and I knew that if I did he would too. I didn't know how many men were here, so I had to be cautious. I quietly reached down to my pocket pulling the watch out and carefully broke it, so it would stop ticking. The man stands at the bed for a moment before jumping onto it causing me to flinch. I waited until he fell asleep and I started to sneak out when another guy came up to the room. "Yo, comfy?" He asked the man on the bed. The other guy scoffs, "You waking me up to see if I'm comfortable?" The man shrugs, "I want to lie down." As the man from the door steps towards the bed, the man on the bed replies, "Two other bedrooms up here to choose." He shrugs, "Them's kids' beds. I want this one." "It's claimed." The man warns him. The other guy shrugs, "I didn't hear it. You gonna have to lay claim somewhere else." The guys get into a fight and they're throwing punches at each other, and one hits the floor. Luckily he doesn't see me as he goes to get up, but get punched again. The man started to strangle the man on the ground. As he tries to get away he sees me and his eyes widen. The guy tries to warn the other one by telling him to stop, but the other doesn't listen and chokes him until he passes out. "My bed now, jackoff." The man says to the man passed out on the ground. The bed creaks hard again as he jumps onto it. I quietly sigh realizing just how lucky I am.

I waited until he was sleeping to sneak away. I slip past his foot and out from under the bed. I sneak out the room when I hear another man coming up the stairs. To stay clear of him I sneak back into one of the other bedrooms. When I hear him start to come into the room I'm in I had in the back part of the room. I watch as he throws the ball against the wall a few times. Before he bounces the ball out the room. I try to get the windows open, but they don't budge. I heard them all yelling about a woman. Michonne. I quickly grab a trophy as a weapon until I hear them yelling about finding a shirt and that she must've washed it this morning. I hear a few saying they claim her and as I slowly start to go for the gun I hear them coming up the stairs. I panic and I quickly slip into the bathroom and quietly shut the door. I look to my right and I see one of their men sitting on the toilet. I quickly hit him with the trophy and push him onto the toilet. He slightly over powers me as I go to the get his gun. I start to strangle him with the strap of his gun. He pushes me to the back wall and then back over to the counter sliding everything off of it. I applied slightly more pressure as I saw him reaching for the scissors causing him to fall backwards. I kept holding it until he fell limp, then I scrambled for the gun figuring they had heard the ruckus and would be in within minutes. When nobody came I looked around the room. I grabbed the scissors and slowly opened the window, that was my only way out. I slowly opened the door, so that when the man I killed turn, he would hear them. I slowly jumped out the window and threw the gun and jacket on. I tried my best to quietly lower myself onto the porch, but the gutter made a loud noise. I leaned against the house to see if they were going to check the noise, and when nobody came, I hurried down the stairs and around the house. I was stopped by the porch when I heard the ball bouncing again. I peaked up to see him coming towards this side of the porch. I quickly dropped back down so he wouldn't see me. He spits on the ground a few times before he starts whistling. I peak around the house to see Carl and Michonne heading this way. I have to kill these people, I will not let them do what they plan to do with either of them. I grab the corner of the porch, getting ready to turn and shoot when I hear a walker snarling and then a man screaming from inside. He starts to run inside when he hears the gunshots and I take that as my cue. I run towards Carl and Michonne and they look at me concerned, "Go! Go!" I yelled quietly and they nodded running with me to the opposite direction.

We made it to the train tracks and we began to walk them. Carl pulled something out of his bag and offered it to Michonne, "Crazy Cheese?" She smiled, but shook her head. I saw a sign on the box car, that caused me to walk over to it. It was a sign about a sanctuary called Terminus. Michonne looked at me, "What do you think?" I wanted to think that if anyone in our group saw this they would head there, but my mind thought in that moment, that if Madison saw this, she would go there. "Let's go." I told them as we started heading up the tracks. I will find her, I have to.

A/N: Thank you all for 50.1K reads!! When I published the first part never did I ever think that we would get here. I love and appreciate each and every one of you. Please continue to read and comment, I love seeing your ideas. Also I love all the messages I have received asking me to write different stories with other characters, which I promise to get to! Please continue to send these messages, I love hearing all of your ideas and opinions!

Xoxo Katattack