24

Rick's POV
Shane and I were taking Randall out and leaving him with some supplies, and out of our hair. I couldn't have him stay with us, he could've been a threat to our safety. I wanted to talk to Shane about Lori, maybe even the Madison situation if he didn't freak out on me. I pulled over and Shane looked at me confused, "I thought we were going further." I nod, "We are, 18 miles out." "So why are we stopping?" He looked at me still confused. I sigh, "I wanted to talk. Been waiting a week till we were gonna do this. I just wanna talk." He shakes his head, "We don't need to." I sigh again, "We do." He scoffs, "No man, we don't. We're doing this. I get it. He was passed out when y'all brought him here, doesn't know where the farm is." I shake my head, "That isn't what I need to talk to you about. I heard what really happened at the school.." Shane looks out the window. I sigh, "Was it to survive?" He nods, "Yeah. One of us wasn't gonna make it out. It couldn't be Mads, and I wasn't going to die. It had to be him. One shot to the leg, Carl lives. My wife lives. Reality is he had no business being here--there. Whatever." "You don't think I would've done it?" I question him. He took a deep breath before shaking his head, "No, man, I know you wouldn't have." I scoff, "You don't think I can keep Lori or Carl safe?"
He shakes his head, "I didn't say that." "Or my baby? Is it gonna have to be me too?" I question him. He sighs rubbing his head, "Rick, you can't just be the good guy and expect to live. Okay? Not anymore." I laugh, "I'm not the good guy anymore. To save Carl's life, I would've done anything. Anything. Now Lori and Mads say your dangerous, but you're not gonna be dangerous. Not to us, not to me, not to your wife and child, not anymore." I pause noticing he's looking at the ground, "How about you look at me? You and Lori--I get what happened. When I figured it out--and I figured it out pretty quickly--I wanted to break your jaw, let you choke on your teeth. But I didn't. That wasn't weakness. It took everything. That is my wife. That is my son. That is my unborn child. I will stay alive to keep them alive. You don't love her. You think you do, but you don't. Now the only way you and me keep on is that you accept everything I just said right here, right now, and we move forward with that understanding." Shane looks up, "When it started it was just--it was a couple of weird stories on the news. Then--then it was so quick. Everything--it just happened. Two weeks later I'm in the hospital and there were soldiers shooting people in the halls. They were shooting people, man, not walkers. Then the walkers came through. You know, I tried to get you out, I tried, but we weren't gonna make it. Man, there was no way and I knew it. But I couldn't live with it. I couldn't live,knowing.."He pauses looking away, "but I had to. I didn't keep Lori and Carl, and Madison and Joey alive, man. They kept me alive. I want you to know that I didn't look at her before that. Brother, if I could take it all back, I would." I look him dead in the eyes and see that he's lying. "How could you do that to Madison? Betray her like that?" I ask him and steps forward looking me up, "That is the woman I love Rick. I messed up one time, but if you think I did it with the intent of hurting Madison, you're wrong. The one time Lori and I happened was it, and I regret it. I just hope one day Madison can forgive me and I can get my family back." I can see it in his face that he's lying, he doesn't deserve Madison's forgiveness. I shake my head, "I wanna check the ropes."

Mads POV
Lori and I were in the house making lunch for Beth when Maggie came in, "Rick say anything to you about Glenn when they got back from town? Or did Glenn say something to you." She finished looking at me. "Just that it had gotten pretty bad." Lori answered. "That's cause it was really bad." I said cutting up the cucumbers. "He's not the same," Maggie pauses as her breath shakes, "Says he froze. Blames me. Says I got inside his head." I freeze up slightly, Glenn told her it was her fault, and now she's crying. Great I feel like the world's biggest POS now, it's not like I did anything with Glenn post Maggie, but I can't help but feel like I'm partially the cause to their fighting. Lori sighed, "He came back--that's what matters. Men have to do certain things--you know that--and they're either gonna blame the little woman as the reason they do 'em or the reason they don't. I'll tell you something--what happens out there, happens out there. And we--we're just trying to keep it together till they get back." "Thing's were good. Maybe I-" Maggie starts before Lori cuts her off, "Glenn's a big boy. He makes his own choices, right Mads? And then you--do you have anything to apologize for? Tell him to man up and pull himself together. Just don't say "man up."" She laughs, "It never goes well." I nod, "She's right Maggie, Glenn loves you too, in his own way." She looked at me shocked, "How did you know that I said that? Did you talk to him?" Lori grabs the tray, "I'm gonna take this to Beth." Maggie looks at me, "Glenn hasn't said much about the two of you, yet you guys are close. Is there something you need to tell me?" I roll my eyes, "Is this some kind of interrogation?" She shakes her head, "No, I was just hoping to get some answers." I look up at her, "Promise not to get pissy?" She nods and I sigh, "Maggie, Glenn and I were together for a while after Shane and I separated." Her eyes look sad and betrayed. "Did you..." She trailed off. I ran my fingers through my hair before nodding, "Maggie, we don't feel like that about each other anymore. We broke things off the night Carl was shot." She looked shocked, "It was that recent and he didn't tell me?" I had no idea she'd react like this, I mean I get somewhat being upset that your boyfriend's 'ex-sex buddy?' was under your nose the whole time, but it was before her. At least he didn't marry you, have a child with you, then sleep with his best friend's wife WHILE married to you and got her pregnant. I felt bad for her though, I thought she knew, "Maggie, I-" Maggie storms out of the house. Great, it's about 11am and it's been a shit day.