36

Mads POV

The days come and go, some I'm okay and others I don't want to move. The Governor made me realize how cruel the world can truly be. He made me feel numb, and weak. Maybe I was weak, or stupid for thinking there could be happiness in a world like this. Everywhere I go the Governor follows me, sometimes I see him, or hear him. Or there is times just as the other night with Rick, everything felt right until I open my eyes and saw the devil himself. I can't sleep, every time I try he haunts my dreams. I have to try to be okay for Joey, I have to protect her from men like him. Even if it costs me my life, she's worth everything I have.

Glenn POV
It was my fault, no one said it, but it was. If I did something different, maybe that wouldn't have happened to her. I had to kill him, for her. I should've listened to her when she suggested a different store, none of this would've happened. I basically handed her to the Governor. I had to ensure the group was safe and it starts with our defenses, a wall to the prison is broken. Tyreese's group got in, so could the governor. I laid down a map on the table Carl and Joey were sitting at. "Right. Now you said you guys found Tyreese's group here?" I ask Carl and they nod. I sigh, "We secured this." Carl point to the edge of one of the walls of the prison. "He thought he came through here." I run a hand through my hair frustrated, "Means there's another breach. Okay. The whole front of the prison is unsecure. If walkers just strolled in, then it's gonna be cake for a group of armed men." "Why are we even so sure he's going to attack? Maybe you scared him off." Joey asked holding Judith. Michonne laughs a little, "He had fish tanks full of heads. Walkers and humans. Trophies. He's coming." She's right, he's coming, and we're sitting ducks while Rick is in La La Land. "We should hit him now." I suggest and everyone looks at me like I have two heads. "What?" Michonne asks thinking that she didn't hear me correctly. I nod, "He won't be expecting it. We'll sneak back in and put a bullet in his head." Carol scoffs, "We're not assassins." I look at Michonne, "You know where his apartment is. You and I could end this tonight." She looks at me for a moment before looking away, and I sigh, "I'll do it myself. Okay." Hershel crutches towards me slightly, "He didn't know you were coming last time and look what happened. You were almost killed. Daryl was captured. And you, Madison, and Maggie were almost executed." I stepped up to him and looked at him, "You can't stop me." Hershel shakes his head, "Rick would never allow this." I laugh, "You really think he's in any position to make that choice?" Hershel sighs, "Think this through clearly. T-Dog lost his life here. Lori, too. The men that were here. It isn't worth any more killing. What are we waiting for? If he's really on his way, we should be out of here by now." I scoff, "And go where?" "We lived on the road all winter." Hershel suggested. I ran a hand through my hair getting more and more frustrated by the minute. I scoffed, "Back when you had two legs and we didn't have a baby crying for walkers every four hours." "We can't stay here." Hershel says sternly and I shake my head, "We can't run." I look back to the group, "All right. We'll stay put. We're gonna defend this place. We're making a stand. Carl, you and I will go down to the tombs. We need to figure out where the breach is." Carl nods, "You got it." "You'll need some help." Michonne speaks up and I shake my head, "No, in case anything happens, I need you out here." She nods and I look around to see everyone looking at me then it hits me, "Who's on watch?" Everyone looks around and I sigh before walking to the watch tower.

After Maggie takes over for me on watch and I head toward the boiler room and I when I turn the corner I hear the snarls and run back to the cell block. As I rush in everyone looks up to me and I run a hand through my hair, "Damn it, the tombs outside the boiler room are overrun again." "That whole section had been cleared." Beth pointed out, and I shook my head, "It's a steady stream of walkers." Hershel crutches forward, "We're wasting time. The Governor is supposedly on the way and we're stuck in here with walkers." Carol sighs, "Trapped between a rock and a hard place." I look to Hershel, "For the last time, running is not an option." Carol places a hand on my shoulder, "Glenn, if the tombs have filled up again, it may just be a matter of time before they push in here." "Or until some fence gives way." Beth added. "What if one of them herds is passing through? Or settled?" Axel asked. "Can't handle that with just the few of us." Carol muttered under her breath. I ran a hand through my hair stressed, "Okay. All right, we need--we just need to scout the far side of the prison. Find out what's going on." "You're going out there?" Hershel asked me worriedly. I nodded, "Take a car and make it quick." "I'll drive." Axel offers, but I shake my head, "No, you stay here. Help with the fortifications. I'll take Mads." If we're in a car alone together she'll have no option then to talk to me, I want her to talk to me. "You sure she's up to that?" Hershel questioned me and I shrugged, I didn't know honestly.

I walked over to her cell and leaned on the door. She was sitting on the edge ofher bed with her head in her hands. "Where have you been? We need to find out how the walkers are getting into the tombs." I asked her and she didn't move a muscle. I sighed stepping into the cell, "Are we gonna talk about this? Madison, you need to talk about it." She drops her hands and looks up at me, "I do? Or you do?" I scoff, "What does that mean?" She stands up and stands right in front of me, close I might add. "What do you want me to say? You want me to say he made me get naked and stand in front of him? He came up behind me. Pushed himself against me. Put his hands all over me. He slammed my head down and bent me over a table. Tied me up..." She started before she trailed off looking away. "Did he...?" I asked trailing off. Her head snapped back towards me, "Rape me?" She paused looking away before looking back at me angrily, "Yes. Do you feel better?" My blood became to boil, even though I knew just hearing her tell me made it worse. "I'm not trying to--" I start before she cut me off, "I had a choice. Either I complied or he was going to kill you and Maggie, then everyone here. I just listened to Merle beating the shit out of you in the other room. What could I do?" I sighed, "I'm sorry." Madison scoffed pushing me back, "Go away. You got your answer. Now go away. I'm not your problem anymore Glenn. Remember, we broke up. Maggie's your problem now." She pushed past me and walked out of the cellblock.

Mads POV

I walked outside to see Rick kneeled out by the graves, Lori's grave. I walked over to him and looked at the little cross in the ground. "Hey." I say softly and he looks up to me. "You okay?" He asks me and I roll my eyes, "Why does everyone keep asking me that? I'm fine seriously." He stands up and grabs my hand, "You're not fine Mads, I know you." My heart starts to race and I roll my eyes again, "You don't know me." He laughs, "Then why did you freak out when we were kissing?" I look at him and laugh, "Did you ever think that I just don't like you like that?" He smiles, "Oh yeah, cause you kissing me back told me you didn't feel that way." Our eyes meet and he starts leaning in towards me. I like Rick, like a lot, but I'm broken and he doesn't need that right now. Our lips meet and it feels like my heart is on fire, I reach my hands into his hair. Everything feels perfect until Rick pulls away looking over my shoulder. I look back to see what he's looking at and I see the small bridge. He's probably seeing Lori, I put my hands on his shoulder, "Rick, she's not there. It's not real." He brushes past me and heads toward the fence, I look over at the cross, before following after Rick. I take out my machete as I let Rick have his moment, watching out for walkers. A gunshot rings out and I freeze, then more gunshots ring out, only this time coming towards us and I'm tackled to the ground by Rick. He checks me over, "Are you alright?" I nod and pull out my gun. I line my gun up towards where the gunshots are coming from and I see him looking back at me, and my hand starts to shake. He smiles before I pull the trigger, hitting him in the shoulder. Damn it. The Governor yells out in pain before ordering his people to do something. It's silence until we hear a truck drive through the fence, I look up and see Hershel in the yard. The door slams to the ground and that's when you hear the snarls. The Governor and his people drive off and I quickly jump up. I look around to see walkers all around Rick and I. Rick starts shooting the walkers and I follow until both of our guns click and there is still a shit ton of walkers. We back up to create some distance until I feel my back hit the fence. I look over to Rick, before slamming my machete into the head of the walker in front of me. I try to pull it out, but it's stuck and I start to panic. I use the dead walker as a barrier as another walker comes towards me. I hold it off as I look over to Rick to see him struggling too. This is it, I'm going to be torn apart by walkers. The walker starts getting closer to biting my arm, and I close my eyes. Suddenly the walker falls to the ground and I look to see an arrow sticking out of his head. I look over to see Daryl and I smile. We kill the rest of the walkers before looking back to the prison. The courtyard we had once cleared was now overrun with the dead.

A/N: Sorry for the wait! School started back up and I've been super busy with work and school work, but we are at 3,000 reads! Thank you all so much! I love and appreciate every single one of you! See you in the next chapter! XOXO Katattack <3