84

Mads POV

I walked up to Rick, "Rick, it's not safe here. Not for any of us. They're out there watching us." Rick looked at me, "Are you suggesting we leave? Without our people?" I shook my head, "No, Rick. That's not what I am suggesting, all I'm saying is we have to do something. What if Carol and Daryl come back and they're ambushed? We have to do something or we all die." Rick places a hand on my face, "I promise you I will not let anything happen to you, our children, or our family." I nod and Rick kisses my forehead before he goes to the front of the church as I sit next to Carl and Judith. "They think they're in control. We're in here and they could be anywhere. But we know exactly where they are." Rick tells our group after telling us what the plan was. Abraham nods, "Plan's got stones, I'll give you that." Glenn agrees, "Make our move before they do." Rick nods, "That's right. They're not counting on us thinking straight." "Are we? I'm just making sure. It's a big play." Rosita speaks aloud. Rick stands up, "Remember what these people are capable of." Rick looks over to Tyreese, "Tyreese." Tyreese looks straight ahead, "Yeah?" "You up for this?" Rick asks him and before Tyreese could answer Sasha stepped out into the room, "I'm going with you." Tyreese sighs, "You should stay with Bob." Sasha shakes her head, "No, I want to be out there. I want to be a part of this." Sasha heads back to Bob as Tyreese follows her. Rick walks over to me and I look up to him, "I'm going too." Rick tries to protest, but I cut him off, "No, Rick. This isn't up for debate. Those people out there, one of them had their hands wrapped around our baby's neck, threatening to end her life. These people don't get to live, and I promised him that if he laid a finger on our child, that I would kill him. So yes, I am going Rick. I have to." Rick nods knowing the feeling of keeping the promise to kill them, "Okay. You're coming."

We gear up getting everything ready for the plan. Hiding the ones who weren't coming, and getting weapons for the ones who were. Once we were ready we left the church, going far enough to let the Terminus crew see we were leaving. We kept walking until we were able to hide somewhere and wait. A few minutes later we watched as a group of people came out of the woods and headed towards the church. I go to stand up, but Rick pulls me back down shaking his head. We waited until we could hear Gareth's voice and we slowly moved closer to the church. Rick held a hand up, telling us to stop as he wanted to hear what Gareth was saying, "Well, I guess you know we're here. And we know you're here. And we're armed. So there's really no point in hiding anymore." I watched as they furthered into the church. Gareth begin again, "We've been watching you. We know who's here. There's Bob, unless you've put him out of his misery already. And Eugene. Rosita. Martin's good friend Tyreese. Carl. Judith." When I heard Gareth say our children's name, my blood begin to boil. I wanted him dead, no matter what. Gareth paused, "Rick and the rest walked out with a lot of your gun. Listen, we don't know where you all are, but this isn't a big place. So let's just stop this now before things get more painful than they need to be." Gareth had sent his men to each of the doors, but they were unable to get in as they were both locked. Gareth sighed, "Look, you're behind one of these two doors and we have more than enough firepower to take down both. Can't imagine that's what you all want." Gareth awaits for an answer and when he is not given one he speaks again, "How about the priest? Father, you help us wrap this up, we'll let you walk away from this. Just open the door and you can go. You can take the baby with you. What do you say?" I hear Judith begin to cry and then Gareth chuckles, "I don't know. Maybe we'll keep the kid. I'm starting to like this girl. It's your last chance right now to tell us you're coming out." With hearing the part about my baby, I quickly stand up from my position and head for the church. Rick cusses as he follows after me. I pull out my rifle shooting one of the men by the door in the head as Rick shoots the other. "Put your gun on the floor." Rick says harshly. Gareth points to the door, "Rick, we'll fire right into that office. So you lower your gun-" He's cut off as I aim my rifle at his fingers and fire. Gareth whimpers out in pain. Rick steps forward into the church, "Put your gun on the floor and kneel." Gareth looks up to his men and painfully says, "Do what he says." Everyone kneels down besides Martin. Gareth looks up to him, "Martin, there's no choice here." Martin clenches his jaw, "Yeah, there is." I pull out my pistol and walk up besides him pointing it at his head, "Want to bet?" Martin looks to me, "You?" I glare at him angrily, "Me." He slowly drops his weapon as he kneels onto the ground. "No point in begging, right?" Gareth asks as he looks up to Rick. Rick shakes his head, "No." Gareth looks at him confused, "Still, you could have killed us when you came in. There had to be a reason for that." Rick shrugs, "We didn't want to waste the bullets." "We used to help people. We saved people. Things changed. They came in and-" Gareth pauses as he groans out in pain, "After that...I know that you've been out there, but I can see it. You don't know what it is to be hungry." There was multiple and I mean multiple days we had went without eating or hell even went without eating to let the children eat, not once did we ever kill someone to eat them. Gareth sighed, "You don't have to do this. We can walk away. And we will never cross paths again. I promise you." Rick tilted his head, "But you'll cross someone's path. You'd do this to anyone, right? Besides, I already made you a promise." Rick took his red handled machete and started chopping it into Gareth's neck. I looked at Martin who looked at me almost beggingly before I took my knife out and stabbed him in the neck over and over. He didn't deserve to live, it was them or us. All that I could hear was the sounds of screaming and the sounds of our knives stabbing the remaining Terminus people. I look down at Martin's dead body and finally look up to Rick. There was blood on his face, as I knew there was blood on mine. "It could have been us." Rick stated as he looked around. Gabriel comes out of the room in shock at the scene he is looking at, "This is the Lord's house." Maggie shook her head, "No. It's just four walls and a roof."

We all stood in the room knowing it was Bob's final moments with us. Maggie was the last to say her goodbyes as we began to leave the room. "Rick." Bob called out to him. I went to take Judith from Rick but Bob stopped me, "No, don't. Let her stay. Both of you stay. I trust them." Sasha looks to us, "I'm right outside." I nod to her as Rick and I approach Bob's bedside. "I just want to say thank you. Both of you." "For what?" Rick questions. Bob sighs, "Before the prison, I didn't know if there were any good people left. I didn't know if anybody was left. Y'all took me in. 'Cause you took people in." Bob paused looking to Rick, "It was you, man. What I said yesterday, I ain't revising it. Even in light of current events. Nightmares end. They shouldn't end who you are. And that is just this dead man's opinion." Rick nods, "I'll take it." Bob laughs as he looks at Judith, "Just look at her and tell me the world isn't gonna change." Both Rick and I look to Judith before I rest my head on Rick's shoulder and he holds Bob's hand. I would do anything for Judith to see the world for what it was, for her to live a day not in fear, for her to not grow up in the world now. But that's a world I don't know how to provide for her.

The rest of the group went to see Abraham and the other off, while I stayed with Sasha at Bob's grave. Sasha was wrapping twine around the sticks to make a cross. "I'm sorry Sasha. I know how much Bob meant to you. If you want to talk about it, I'm here. I know what you're going through." I spoke to her softly. She snapped her head to me, "You know what I'm going through? Rick is here, and alive. You have no idea how I am feeling." Sasha was mad, and I got that so I brushed that off. "I was married before Rick. Actually I was married to Rick's best friend." Sasha's face begin to soften, "He died?" I nodded, "Yes. His name was Shane." Sasha looked to me, "Did he get bit?" I shook my head, "No. He went crazy after all this happened and gave Rick no other choice but to kill him. And I was angry at Rick, for a long time. But I realized that Shane had lost his way. The Shane Rick killed wasn't my husband, it was the monster this world made him to be." Sasha looked away, "I'm sorry." I brushed it off, "You didn't know." Sasha looks to Bob's grave, "How do you keep going?" I sigh, "You find something to hold onto. Mine is my kids, Josephine, Judith, Carl. I have to keep going for them." Sasha looks back to me with tears in her eyes, "And the pain you feel?" I pull her into a side hug, "That part never goes away, you just make room for it."