Chapter 48

Happy new year in advance, i hope this upcoming year brings peace and prosperity to you all❤️
________________________________

"Chand nazar agaya.. finally!" Santosh remarked sarcastically, nudging Antara, who was stealing glances at the lawn every now and then, where Adeel and Amar were engrossed in some banter. She unwillingly tilted her head a bit to have a look at the entrance and saw Karishma and Haseena approaching them with a smile.

"Ap toh sachme haseena hai", Antara complimented as Haseena greeted her with a warm smile, which she reciprocated wholeheartedly. "We have met before, remember? Mall mei?" Antara guided Haseena to sit near her while Karishma sat opposite her, beside Shivani.

Haseena nodded affirmatively in response. Of course she remembered! It was the day when Karishma confessed her love, in the changing room! Well she had confessed before, only if Haseena didn't behave like a complete idiot. It's ironic how Haseena would understand her silence but not her words. "That's what happens when you live too much in your head", she taunted herself inwardly, remembering how she continued to press her chest against the thorn for no good reason at all.

"Waise bhabhi sa apko apni devrani pasand aya hai ya phir hum koi cold war expect kar sakte hai?" Cheetah, half laying on the ground, asked teasingly, only for everyone to burst into laughter.

"Pasand? Humare ghar mei toh sabko Haseena se ishq hai!" Santosh declared with a lighthearted chuckle.

Antara with a mischievous glint in her voice spoke, "Woh toh Karishma ko dekhke hi pata chalta hai."

Karishma felt blood rushing through her face as soon as those words hit her eardrums. She turned her face to the other side, in an attempt to hide her blush, unknown to the fact that the rouge of her cheeks had caught Haseena's attention long before. "She looks so captivating", a voice inside Haseena acknowledged. She soon took a piece of burnt charcoal remaining from the bonfire, grazing it over the chalky white napkin, gradually giving it the shape of Karishma's face.

"Is it done ya phir kuch aur der pose karna padega mujhe?" Karishma's playful words gained her attention as she looked up only to find Karishma hovering over her and before she could take a look at their surroundings, Karishma held her chin to meet her eyes. "Look at me when I'm talking to you", Karishma demanded, slowly rubbing her thumb over Haseena's mole, evoking all sorts of sensation in her body, "ab batao."

"Kyah", Haseena's words came out shaky as Karishma traced her earlobe between her fingers that had turned crimson by then.

"Chupke se sketch kyu banati ho mera? Mujhse bol dia karo, I can always pose for you, with better angles", Karishma's eyes twinkled with mischief as she moved closer to Haseena and the tip of their noses met in a persuasive caress.

"Stop it", Haseena gently pushed Karishma through her shoulder to look around and found themselves all alone. Lost in her sketching, she didn't realize when everyone else had moved towards the lawn long before, leaving her alone with Karishma. "Apse na bilkul baat nahi kar rahe hai hum ab", she uttered in an anger filled tone, in an attempt to hide the rosy blush of her cheeks.

"Okay, kuch aur kar lete hai phir", Karishma whispered teasingly, tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear. "Let's take some photos", she took her hand and moved towards the lawn where Cheetah was taking pictures. Haseena gave her an irked look for teasing her continuously but her crimson face had a whole different story to tell. She pulled her hand from Karishma's, who raised her hands in the air, surrendering to her angry bird.

Antara was about to distance herself when Adeel pulled her into the frame, holding her hand tightly. "Jaan se maar dungi mai tumhe", she said, clenching her jaw in anger as they were done with clicking pictures.