Chapter 15

Karishma was playing video games with Ashu clinging to her. He had seen her unconscious state. It was a lot for a mere child to take in and now that Karishma was fine, he refused to leave her side even for a moment.

"Ab apki tabiyat kaisi hai Karishma didi?", Shanno asked entering the room.

Karishma looked in her direction once,
"Behtar hai", she replied, then again concentrated on the game.

Before Shanno could speak further, she answered, "Khana bhi kha chuki hu, medicine bhi", as she knew what's coming next.
"Haan ek aur baat, usse jakar kehna ki woh direct mujhse akar yeh saare sawal puch sakti hai. I would be happy to answer her. Baar baar tumhe bhejne ki zaroorat nahi hai", still not reverting her gaze from the gaming screen.

Shanno was startled for a moment but she soon pulled her act together. "Kis...kise jakar kehna hai!..Kuch samjhi nahi mai", she pretended to be unaware of whatever Karishma was saying.

"Wohi jise tum abhi jaake yeh updates dene wali ho. Tumhari Haseena baji", Karishma said nonchalantly. "Kuch yaad aya?", she added, with her utmost focus on the game.

Shanno was dumbfounded at this revelation. She hurriedly left the room, frightened that Karishma might scold her for spying on her. But all she did was chuckle.

.
.

"I hope you understand ki tum kis ore kadam badha rahi ho."

Mira's words from their last conversation were echoing through Haseena's head. Only when Shanno entered her room running, she could come out of her neverending thought.

"Kya hua? Ek minute, Karishma thik toh hai na?", she asked in urgency, thinking something had happened to Karishma.

"Nahi. Lekin unhe pata chal gaya hai..", Shanno narrated the whole incident that took place at Karishma's room.

"Kaise pata chal sakta hai unhe? Tumne galati se kuch keh diya tha kya?", Haseena asked Shanno who was fidgeting her fingers.

"Nahi baji, maine aisa kuch bhi nahi kaha", she replied.

"Thik hai. Koi baat nahi", Haseena assured her as she knew Karishma would not scold Shanno. "Tumhe tension lene ki koi zaroorat...", before she could finish her sentence a voice interrupted her.

"Areh wah Shanno, tum yaha ho!" , Karishma entered their conversation. She had a smiley ball in her hand that she was playing with.
"Waise tum yahi rehti ho kya?", she asked, seemingly unaware of the answer.

"Nahi toh. Mai to...mai haveli mein rehti hu na", Shanno slightly stuttered out of nervousness.

"Woh kya hai na, haveli mein toh kabhi tum dikhti ho nahi. Isliye puch liya", Karishma again spoke, playing with the smiley ball, throwing and catching it continuously. Haseena gave her a stern look but Karishma didn't seem to be bothered by it.
Shanno urgently left the room for haveli, wanting to escape the confrontation.

Karishma sat at the edge of the bed beside Haseena, as if nothing happened a few moments before and it irked Haseena.

"Kya", Karishma asked, noticing her expression.

"Kya", Haseena retorted back.

"Har jagah tumhari charcha hai aur tum ho ki yaha baithi ho", Karishma said, keeping the smiley ball aside.

"Humari marzi", Haseena replied.

"Ha woh bhi hai. Tum to apni marzi ke malik ho", Karishma teased Haseena, ignoring her death glare.

Haseena stood up and looked at her. "Ap kya kar rahi hai yaha par?", she asked folding her hands on her chest.

"Kuch khas nahi. Baithi hu bas", Karishma replied trying hard to keep a straight face. "Aur filhal leti huyi hu", she said lying down in the bed, throwing her arms and legs all over the bed. Haseena gave her an unbelievable look.

"Doctor ne mujhe rest ka bola tha. Lekin tumhe kaise pata hoga! tum toh thi hi nahi", Karishma intentionally instigated Haseena.

Haseena closed her eyes in frustration. First all that unnecessary argument with Mira and now with Karishma trying to get into her nerves, she started to lose her patience.

"Uthiye ap, aur jaiye yaha se abhi ke abhi", she said pulling Karishma up from the bed as she didn't want to burst out at her.

"Ouch", Karishma pretended to be hurt.

"Kya hua? Lagi kya! Sorry", Haseena's voice was filled with worry and regret for hurting her. "Dikhaiye hume", she held her injured hand and caressed it softly.

Incidents from the last few days had drained Haseena out and she was unable to control her emotions anymore as she felt her eyes welled up. Karishma saw that and her face fell thinking to have hurt her again.

"Nahi koi baat nahi..bike racing ke waqt thoda lag gaya tha bas", Karishma lied not being able to tell her the actual reason behind her injury.

Haseena's expression changed from concerned to angry hearing this, as she remembered how Karishma's "don't care attitude" always led her to injuries. She had scars literally all over her body. What if something happened to her!, even the thought of this made Haseena scared. She didn't want a life where Karishma was not with her. It might sound selfish but she couldn't help it either.

"Ap samajhti kya hai khudko? Kya chahti hai ap? Ap bas apna manmani karti rahe aur hum sab yaha apke chinta mein mar jaye! Us din bhi kisise ladkar ayi hogi ap race ke chakkar mein, kyuki gussa to humesha naak mein leke ghumti hai. Tang agaye hai hum apki iss harkaon se", she finally let out her anger that was yielded from her immense concern for Karishma.

Haseena realized that she was raising her voice which she didn't want to do and sat on the bed with her facepalmed in frustration.

"I'm sorry, Hasi. Mai nahi chahti thi aisa ho...woh..it was unintentional", Karishma replied torn between her guilt and her love for Haseena.

"Yeh sahi hai. Logo ka jaan nikal do phir sorry bol do", Haseena fired back unaware of the actual reason for her turmoil.

"Accha to phir kya karna padega? Bolo, I will do anything", Karishma voiced her sincerity. Haseena didn't say anything and stood up turning her back at Karishma.

Karishma wanted to put aside her pointless conceptions from the past few days and be there for her friend. But she couldn't find any words comforting enough. Well, when was she ever good with her words?

Karishma moved towards the edge of the bed instead and put her hands around Haseena's waist back hugging her. Although it was an innocent hug done with all good intentions, Haseena felt a sudden commotion rising in her body as she involuntarily clutched her dupatta, closing her eyes.

"Kuch to bolo na Hasi?", Karishma pleaded, which brought her back to reality.

"Chodiye hume...hume apse koyi baat nahi karni", Haseena finally spoke, trying to come out of her embrace. But instead Karishma turned her towards herself, holding onto her waist firmly and Haseena felt that familiar commotion coming back as her cheeks were heating up.

"Jitna marzi gussa karlo, chaho to thappad mar lo. Aur tumhe pura haq bhi hai", Karishma said directly looking at her eyes. "Lekin bol dia karo, aise apne ap mein rakhne ki zaroorat nahi hai. You don't have to hide your emotions or reactions from me", she added without breaking eye contact.

Haseena was overwhelmed by her words. She already knew in her heart what Karishma said now, but hearing it from her gave her butterflies, while Karishma was confused as she couldn't read her expression. Haseena, who was lost in the moment, leaned a little towards Karishma holding her shoulder and touched her lips on her forehead, a little above her eyebrow where they lingered for a while.

As Karishma felt Haseena's warm lips on her skin, a sudden rush of desire started to take over her senses. She unknowingly made her grip on Haseena's waist tighter, slowly pulling her closer. And when Haseena didn't pull back, it only indulged Karishma's flaming desires more, as she slowly advanced towards Haseena's neck. But before she could feel her neck with her lips, the sound of unlocking the door broke her trance and she left Haseena with a jerk.

________________________________________________

Hello beautiful people. Hope you are doing well.

That was the chapter 15 of Solace. Do vote and express your thoughts in the comment section. Chaho toh follow bhi kar dena. See you in the next chapter.