Chapter 43

It's like our time together is just ours. It's our own creation. It must be like I'm in your dream and you're in mine or something - Before Sunrise

The sky in Delhi turned crimson as the sun started to sink below the horizon with the carefree chilly breezes blowing around the city, hinting at the arrival of winter. But Haseena felt herself rejuvenating, just like nature itself at the graceful emergence of spring. "Maybe that's what happiness feels like", she thought as she walked alongside Karishma without getting bothered about the destination. She felt an ardent wish to stop the time and be in this moment forever, just them and the happiness that surrounded them. But a lingering fear kept reminding her that the road ahead of them was far from smooth, as her mother was not going to accept their relationship for anything at all. She soon reached out to hold Karishma's hand tightly as if it was the solution to every difficulty coming her way. And as soon as their skins came in contact, Haseena's smile bloomed as a tender sense of warmth and protectiveness engulfed her being, replacing those fearful apprehensions.

"Are you cold?" Karishma asked, seeing Haseena snuggling more and more into her which was considerably out of character for the latter, that too in a public place. "Gadi mei jaake baith sakte hai humlog", she suggested in a caring tone. Haseena just nodded negatively as she snaked her right hand around Karishma's waist who looked back at her thoroughly surprised. “I hope it's not a dream”, Karishma mumbled to herself, blinking her eyes several times just to make sure it was not one of her daydreams.

“Filhal toh hum apni zindagi ki sabse khubsurat khwab jee rahe hai”, Haseena heard herself saying, the sparkle of joy in her eyes demonstrated the genuineness of her words.

“Mujhe yaqeen hai woh khwab tumse se jyada haseen nahi hogi”, Karishma uttered, placing a quick peck on Haseena's cheek, “Waise I was right, you do look ravishing in black.”

Haseena glanced at her dress once, she wore black again. It was not like she intended to wear black then what happened! Was it because Karishma complimented her that day! She wondered. “Hum jyadatar black nahi pehnte, kyuki hum savle hai”, Haseena uttered, looking back at Karishma.

“Yeh kya baat huyi!” Karishma didn't get her point. “Matlab tumhe accha nahi lagta black pehenna?” she raised her eyebrow in a questioning manner.

“Hume accha lagta hai jab ap humari tareef karte hai”, a sudden redness spread across Haseena's cheeks as those tender words fell off her lips. A wide smile appeared on Karishma's face upon this pleasant revelation as she shifted their joined hand over Haseena's shoulder, pulling her more into herself.

“Aj mere saath raho?” Karishma asked, her hopeful gaze made Haseena glanced back at her. “Nahi ho sakta?” She asked with poor eyes to which Haseena gave her a negative nod.

“Accha, ab aise sad sa shakal mat banaiye. Roj aise bahar ghumte toh hai hum dono”, Haseena said, seeing her pouted expression as from the last three days it almost became a ritual for them to go out together every evening after finishing their work.

“I so wish ki tum har waqt mere saath rehti”, Karishma said with puppy eyes that made her look adorable.

“Soch lijiye! Agar har waqt hum apke saath honge toh apki clubbing aur parties pe ban lag jayenge”, Haseena teased, twisting her eyebrows in mischief.

“Koi baat nahi. I know some activities that are..”, Karishma whispered, leaning on Haseena's ear, “more enticing than clubbing and more exciting than parties”, she traced Haseena's earlobe with her lips before moving away. Haseena didn't speak for a second, trying to shimmer down the brewing sensation inside her stomach at this very suggestive remark of hers with closed eyes but her crimson face gave it away. A satisfied smirk appeared on Karishma's face who was observing her every changed expression ardently but decided not to tease her further.