Chapter 7

I wanna be yours by Arctic Monkeys was playing in the background.

"Chalo then dance with me", Karishma held her waist and pulled Haseena closer. Haseena closed her eyes as she felt a strange commotion rising in her body, by this sudden action of Karishma.

Karishma's left hand was still in Haseena's waist and with her right hand, she held Haseena's left hand bringing her back from the trance Haseena was in. She gestured as "what" by twisting her eyebrows and Haseena nodded her head sideways, as in "nothing". And they continued to move their bodies that were perfectly synched, with the music.

Karishma then spun Haseena around, towards her left and the next moment Haseena was in her embrace. She was stunned at how Karishma had held her so firmly yet delicately.

She came out of her embrace and Karishma turned her around placing their entwined hands over Haseena's stomach. Karishma put her chin on her shoulder and Haseena looked back at her but startled as their faces were just inches away. She turned her face to avoid the awkwardness she felt.

Karishma being unaware of the thoughts that were brewing inside Haseena's mind, spun her once again, this time towards her right. Haseena was left spell bound by this unexpected move and held Karishma's shoulder to balance herself in reflex.

Haseena couldn't meet the eyes of Karishma as she felt her cheeks heating up. What was she going to do if Karishma saw her like this. But she didn't want to get out of Karishma's embrace either.

"Hasi tum yaha ho, mai bhi kaha kaha dhund rahi thi", Mira said coming towards them. Haseena couldn't figure out if she should thank Mira for saving her from the embarrassment or be angry for ruining their moment.

Before she could reply she heard Karishma's voice.
"Kyu dhund rahi thi usse? Are you setting up my friend with that creepy friend of yours?"

"Karishma!" Haseena intervened immediately and left with Mira while giving a death glare to Karishma. Karishma went back dancing, not before shrugging off her shoulder in response.

"Mira please, shant ho jao. Tumhe to pata hai Karishma thodi shararti hai", Haseena tried convincing Mira.

"Usse shararat nahi badtamezi karna kehte hai. Tumhare liye maine usse iss party mein bulaya tha but she can't insult my friend like this", Mira retorted.

"Tumhare dost ussi layak tha", Cheetah entered the conversation and received a glare from Mira. "Agar tum nahi chahti ki tumhare friend ko koi insult kare toh izzatdar logo se dosti kiya karo", he continued.

"Tu bhi tere dost jaisi badtameez ho chuka hai. Tujhe toh mein ghar jaake puchti hu", Mira said being furious.

He ignored her words and turned to Haseena saying, "Haseena? aap batati kyu nahi ke woh admi apko galat tarike se touch kar raha tha?"

Haseena lowered her head while Mira was shocked. "Did that really happen? Haseena?", she asked. Haseena said, "Hum bas uss admi ko avoid karna chahte the Mira"

"I'm so sorry Haseena. Mujhe pata nahi tha aisa kuch karega woh warna mai tumhe kabhi uske saath akela nahi chodti. In fact I wouldn't even keep the company of such a person", Mira said with a voice filled with regret. "I'm so sorry", she blabbered, feeling guilty for Haseena had to go through something like this for her.

Haseena held her hand and comforted her saying, "Tumhari galati nahi hai Mira, khudko dosh maat do please".
Cheetah called Rajveer and they took Mira home along with Santosh.

"Pata nahi iss Mira ki kya dikkat hai mujhse, humesha chidchid karti hai. Dost na hui maths ke teacher ho gayi", Karishma said furrowing her eyebrows. Haseena found Karishma adorable while complaining like a toddler and couldn't help but chuckle.

"Kyun has rahi ho? Koi Joke mara kiya maine!" Karishma chided.

"Khud ko iss waqt ayne mein dekhti toh samajh ata", Haseena replied with a sheepish smile.

"Dekh chuki already kahi bar. Bohut beautiful lag rahi hu. Kafi saare dates bhi offer huya, lekin woh ladke the and you know my type, right? Isliye mana karna pada",  Karishma replied holding up her invisible collar.

Haseena gave her an unbelievable look. "Driving pe dhyan dijiye, style baad mein mar lijiyega", she said.

"Aj bhi Karishma nahi hai dinner pe. Kahan gayi huyi hai?" Amar asked sitting in his chair of the dining table.

"Aj dosto ke saath bahar jana tha aur wahi dinner bhi kar legi, kuch aisa hi bola tha usne mujhe", Shivani replied while serving him food.

"Roz ka ho gaya hai uska. Na ghar pe rahegi na office ayegi, pata nahi kya karna chahti hai!" he said.

"Tujhe chinta karne ki zaroorat kya hai? Uski baap mai hu tu nahi", Vijay Singh said entering the room and Amar sighed knowing his father was going defend Karishma no matter what.

"Ap kuch jyada hi tension free rehte hai, isliye Amar ko tension lena pardta hai", Pushpa Singh said. "Bas bohut hua ab khane pe dhyan dijiye. Aur Shivani tum ekbar Karu ko call karke puch lena kab tak ayegi", she continued.
"Ji choti ma sa", Shivani replied.

Haseena was sitting in the passenger seat looking through the car window. The cool breeze was caressing her face and her hairs were coming on her face but she didn't bother to remove them. Owing to the unwanted incidents that happened in the party Mira was feeling miserable, although it was not her fault and it made Haseena upset.

Karishma was stealing glances at Haseena from time to time and saw her hair strands getting in the way of her view. She had a sudden urge to remove those hair strands from Haseena's face and so she did. But Haseena didn't react and Karishma understood something was bothering her. Haseena got so carried away in her thoughts that she didn't notice their car wasn't going towards their home but somewhere else.

"Ye kahan ja rahe hein hum log. Yeh toh ghar ka rasta nahi hai", she said surprisingly as she finally caught sight of the road.

"Ghar nahi ja rahe hein hum", Karishma replied nonchalantly.

"Toh phir kahan ja rahe hein?" Haseena asked.

"Mood thik karne ja rahu hu mera. Itni bakwas party ke baad thoda recovery to banta hai", she replied winking at Haseena.

"Bilkul bhi bakwas party nahi thi", Haseena said hitting on her arm.

"Aur nahi to kya. Party mein coffee koun peeta hai! Buddhe hai kya hum log", Karishma said making faces.

"Hum bata rahe hein agar ap koi bar ya phir dis...", she couldn't finish her sentence as they moved forward with a jerk when Karishma hit the brake suddenly.

"Araamse..Dhang se gadi chalana nahi ati hai na apko? Aise gadi koun rokta hai!" Haseena said breathing heavily.

"Roka kyunki hum apna destination pe pouch gaye", Karishma said indicating something behind Haseena. She looked outside and saw their car halted near a chaat stall. Her face lit up looking at this, "Samosa chaat!"

"Ji haan, chalogi ab! Chalo jaldise chaat ka lutf uthaya jaye", Karishma said getting out of the car.

Haseena was devouring her favourite chaat like a child without bothering about her surroundings. Karishma's lips curved into a smile looking at her.

"Dhyan se dekho iss ladki ko iski naam hai Haseena aur yeh hai samose ki diwani", Karishma thought to tease her.
But Haseena gave her a warm hug instead and mumbled "thank you". She knew Karishma didn't eat street food that much herself. She had brought Haseena here just to light up her mood as she was upset.

Haseena didn't know whatever she had ever done to deserve Karishma, who would understand her without even any words. She just kept hugging Karishma and Karishma put her hands around Haseena's waist hugging her back, smiling whole heartedly.

__________________________________________

That was the chapter 7 of Solace.

I hope you are doing well and if you like the part, do vote, comment and follow. Feel free to give your opinion in the comment section. And the silent readers, do vote if not comment, it's a humble request.

See you in the next chapter.