Chapter 23

It was the last day of the week and the employees were extra enthusiastic for the weekend. They were happily chattering and cracking jokes in between works. Haseena was sitting in her workspace, sometimes she would join their conversation and then again continue with her work. Unlike her colleagues, she was more enthusiastic to work than to have a day off. As working was a short lived thing for her, she wanted to live her dream fully as long as it lasted.

The continuous hustle seemed to have halted for a second as Karishma entered the office space with her pencil heels clicking on the floor and made her way to the cabin. Her sky blue blazer that was hugging her upper body over her formal skirt with open hair and light accessories, demonstrated every inch of her chic fashion sense. Her demeanor radiated an aura of confidence, while her walk projected an air of authority. As Karishma walked by, every living being of the office was compelled to turn their attention to her. While the male employees were trying hard not to stare at her, the females were staring at her with their jaw dropped, not bothering about manners or anything. Some of them greeted her good morning and Karishma just nodded her head a bit, acknowledging them.

This is the very first time in the whole week, Haseena was closely observing her colleagues and their attitude, their reactions. How their expression went from being casual to being awe at Karishma. They were literally gaping at her which Haseena didn't really appreciate. She glanced at Karishma's direction once, only to find the latter was already looking at her with her deep ocean-like eyes. Their eyes met and Karishma gave her a warm smile that waved through her eyes, melting her heart. They kept looking at each other until some voices captured Haseena's attention.

"Gorgeous", a low pitched voice, most likely of a man, ringed at her ear.

"And hot", this time it was a woman who spoke.

"She is perfect", the male voice spoke again and he got a reply, "And she is hott.."

Haseena looked at her right where she found some of her colleagues conversing looking in the direction of  Karishma's disappearing figure, loud enough for Haseena to hear.

"Bas ab itna bhi mat ghuro. She won't look at you Ajay", another girl entered their conversation.

"And why do you say that?", Ajay spoke with an offended expression.

"Don't you know her preference?", the woman sitting beside him said. "These are some occasions I feel blessed for being a woman, right Saba?", she added as the two women chuckled in amusement.

"Yeah, but I also know your preference Sanjana", Ajay said, being sarcastic.

"Usse kya hota hai? Anybody would change their preference for Karishma Singh", Sanjana replied.

"Who will not!", Saba seconded her.

As their conversation went on and on, it enraged Haseena on so many levels. How dare they speak of Karishma in this manner! She thought, fuming in anger.

"Kaise ghur rahi hai, jaise kha hi jayegi unhe. Badtameez kahiki!!", she murmured, glaring at them.

"Lekin Karishma thodi inlogo ko dekhegi", a voice came from inside her that somewhere relaxed her.

"Kyun nahi dekhegi?", another voice in her head questioned, "After all, they are all very gorgeous looking women and they are exactly what her type is!"

"Nahii", Haseena almost shouted, drawing the attention of a few people around her.

"Haseena ap thik hai?", one of them asked, being concerned.

"Ji..hume kya hua hai", Haseena replied. "Thik hai hum", she added, gulping down a glass of water. But she was not okay, at all. She was angry, jealous, insecure and frustrated at the same time.