Chapter 6

Haseena's birthday party was arranged in a cosy cafe near the town by Mira. A light music was playing and people were chatting, seeming to have a good time.

Karishma was sipping on her coffee with her right hand and using the phone with the other one, being bored as it was definitely not her kind of party. Cheetah sat beside her, was busy admiring Santosh, who was sitting with her usual chocolate cold coffee in her hand.

"Maine Risha ko dekha tha tumhare kamre se bahar aate huye. You know, last day of our trip", Santosh remarked nonchalantly breaking the silence.

Karishma stopped sipping her coffee and cleared her throat. Thought to prepare herself for the upcoming investigation. Cheetah looked at Santosh once and then at Karishma. Santosh was sitting on the opposite side of the coffee table. She looked intently at Karishma and tried to read her expression.

"Haan woh mujhse milne ayi thi subhe, jis din hum wapis aye", Karishma replied.

"Subhe hi ayi thi na?" Santosh inquired further but tried to maintain a straight face but failed miserably.

"Awlee meri khargosh, getting all possessive about me", Karishma said in the sweetest tone, went to Santosh and gave her a side hug.

"Don't try to be cute. Jawab chahiye mujhe are you dating her?" Santosh chided, not being able to hide her irritation anymore.

"Nahi meri ma. I would date someone aur tum logo ko nahi bataungi yeh kaise ho sakta hai. Aur haan woh subhe hi ayi thi. Aur.."

"Kya aur?" Cheetah seemed interested for the first time during this whole conversation. Karishma glared at him and he put his finger on lips pretending to shut his mouth.

"Aur she asked me out and I refused. That's it", She replied quickly not creating any unnecessary tension.

"Thank God for that. Mujhe Risha bilkul pasand nahi thi", Santosh said taking a breath of relief.

"Toh batao how could I date someone that my khargosh doesn't like", Karishma pulled Santosh's cheeks and she hugged Karishma back.

"Uss hisab se toh tum zindagi bhar single hi rehne wali ho. Kyunki Santu ko koi bhi pasand nahi aane wali tumhare liye", Cheetah said with a mischievous smile playing on his face. Santosh hit his arm hearing this and Karishma laughed.

"Aur waise bhi she was not my type", Karishma said.

"And what is your type?" Santosh asked with curiosity. Karishma looked at Cheetah and winked at him. Cheetah understood his task.

"Someone who is hot", Cheetah said.
"Haan, cool toh mai khud hi bohut hu", Karishma completed Cheetah's sentence. "Has to have a nice body", she added pretending to be serious.
"Ekdam Katrina Kaif jaisi. Aur dance toh aisi kare ke Nora fatehi bhi sharma jaye", Cheetah continued and Santosh gave them a confused look.
"Yes, entertainment is important. Aisi hi honi chahiye", Karishma said trying hard to suppress her laughter.

"Yani ki Risha jaisi?!", Santosh sternly said connecting all the dots together. She looked at Cheetah once and then at Karishma. She stood up and started searching for something.

"Kya dhund rahi ho", Cheetah asked.

"Banduk, chaku, chura kuch bhi chalega taaki mai tum dono ka katal kar saku", Santosh replied being furious, as she understood it was one of their shenanigans.

Cheeteh and Karishma burst into laughter holding their stomach. "Aree meri masoomiyat ki putli, gussa nahi hote", Karishma said trying to calm down her khargosh but again burst into laughter, with Cheetah who was laughing all along.

"Tum dono humesha mera mazak udate ho. Mujhe nahi baat karni tumlogo se", Santosh frowned and the two of them hugged her from her two sides laughing.

Mira had invited her close acquaintances and Haseena didn't really know most of them. She took Haseena to introduce her with her guests. Haseena didn't socialize much so Mira wanted her to meet new people and probably she would meet someone, just like she met Rajveer and settle down.

Haseena was having fun. The environment was pleasant and the music was soothing. Also Mira's friends were sweet and easy going, until one of them touched her shoulder almost side hugging her.
"Iss admi ke niyat sahi nahi hai ya phir hum kuch jyada hi soch rahe hai", Haseena thought.

She moved forward to avoid him but he also followed her not removing his hand for even one second. It wasn't like Haseena could not stand up for it but she was nervous. She couldn't accuse someone just like that. What if she was wrong about him? Moreover, he was Mira's friend, and Mira couldn't possibly keep company of such a person. She knew Mira too well for that. She just desperately wanted to escape this situation.

"Chal cheeteh dance karte hai", Karishma said getting up from her place.
Cheetah looked at Santosh with hopeful eyes. "Meri taraf kya dekh raha hai?" Santosh asked being clueless.

Karishma laughed and said, "Abe chal, Santu to tere saath dance karne se rahi, mere saath hi karle."

"Ha, aur chidko jale pe namak", Cheetah got up being upset and Karishma laughed at his expression.

"Haslo jitna chahe haslo, humara bhi din ayega dekh lena", Cheetah warned her, moving his hand on his hair.

"Haa dekh lenge", she replied and they started to dance. Cheetah was a good dancer, it was something he enjoyed doing. In school days when other boys used to make fun of him for dancing Karishma used to encourage him. With her and Santosh's encouragement he represented his school in district level and also ran a dance club in college.

While dancing, Karishma saw Haseena talking with Rajvir's friends, having a polite smile on her face. One of them slightly held her shoulder laughing. Karishma didn't like the fact that someone was touching Haseena and she didn't even remove his hand immediately. They even walked together like that, shoulder to shoulder, as if they were a couple.

"Ek minute Cheeteh", saying this Karishma went near Haseena and pushed that hand off Haseena's shoulder. That person was startled but before he could say something, she pulled Haseena away from him, holding on her waist possessively.

Karishma took Haseena on the other side of the cafe, finally loosening her grip on Haseena's waist.
"Uska haath nahi hata sakti thi kya tum! Kaise chipka hua tha", she voiced her irritation.

"Hum koi scene create nahi karna chahte the aur woh bas baat kar rahe the humse", Haseena tried to calm Karishma down. If she got to know that his touch made Haseena uncomfortable, his next destination would be the nearest hospital.

"Dekha hai maine uske baat karne ka tarika. You are going to be with me from now on", Karishma said glaring at that man.

"Bas bohut hua. Humara birthday hai, lekin ap hai ki humse pura shaam
baat hi nahi ki", Haseena said trying to divert Karishma's mind from that incident.

"Chalo then dance with me", Karishma held her waist and pulled Haseena closer. Haseena closed her eyes as she felt a strange commotion rising in her body, by this sudden action of Karishma.

Santosh quietly watched the whole scenario unfolding in front of her from her seat.

____________________________________________

Solace has ranked number three in Kareena stories and I'm completely over the moon about it..🥰

So, that was the chapter 6 of Solace.

I hope you all are doing well and if you like the part do vote, comment and follow. Feel free to give your opinion in the comment section.

See you in the next chapter.