Chapter 29

Fasla nazron ka dhoka bhi to ho sakta hai,
Woh mile ya na mile haath badhakar dekho...

"Chalo?" Karishma called out Haseena, who seemed a bit lost. Not getting any response from the latter, she gently moved their joined hand over Haseena's shoulder, pulling her closer as they started to move forward.

"This woman is effortlessly gorgeous", a voice inside Haseena acknowledged, taking a glance at Karishma up close, who stood a bit taller than usual owing to the pencil hill she was wearing."Look at her, she looks flawless even in a stained dress. Her aura, her confidence, her charm is something else. No wonder everybody desires for her so ardently." But soon enough her senses alerted her, "What if she caught you ogling at her! It would be so embarrassing." But Haseena couldn't bring her eyes to look anywhere else but Karishma. The distance between their faces lessened as Haseena turned her face towards Karishma as her eyes kept tracing the latter's sharp facial features, when another thought occurred in her mind, "What if Karishma turned her face and your lips..!" Haseena gulped down as she felt her cheeks heating up just by the thought of it, just when Shivani caught her attention.

"Yeh kaise hua!" Shivani asked, gesturing towards Karishma's top. Haseena soon came out of Karishma's hold, noticing her presence while Karishma started to explain her the happenings.

"I will go and change", Karishma said before leaving.

"Haseena tum saree choose kardogi mere liye?" Shivani requested, turning towards Haseena, to which she nodded, smiling.
.
.
.
"Tumlogo ke saath Hasi aanewali hai yeh mujhe kyu nahi bataya?" Karishma asked Santosh, who was busy choosing "the one" dress among a huge pile of clothes.

"Mujhe kya pata tha ke tumhe nahi pata", Santosh replied nonchalantly and left giving up on the clothes.

"Jadbuddhi", Karishma mumbled in irritation as she randomly picked up a shirt before entering the changing room.
.
.
.
"Umm..Haseena? Tum Karishma ki help kardo, saree mai dekhti hu", Santosh suggested reaching out to Haseena and before the latter could protest Santosh pushed her towards the changing room.
.
.
.
Karishma started buttoning up her shirt, only to realize it was not of her size. Although this peach coloured full sleeve shirt complimented her beauty, she wasn't comfortable. She came out of the changing room to look for something else to wear, not realizing she left most of her buttons undone.

"Change karliya?" Haseena asked as she saw Karishma coming out but her eyes widened in a blend of shock and disbelief when her glance drifted towards Karishma's shirt. The buttons of her shirt were undone, exposing much of her upper body and she didn't seem to bother at all. Haseena hurriedly pushed Karishma back into the changing room, not wanting anyone to drool over her.

"Yeh kya kar rahi ho?", Karishma asked, confused as Haseena locked the door behind her.

"Hum kya kar rahe hai?! Aap kya kar rahi hai? Aise koun nikalta hai bahir?" Haseena whispers-screamed, gesturing at her undone buttons.

"Yeh shirt…", Karishma didn't complete her sentence as something popped in her mind. "Yeh buttons lag hi nahi rahi mujhse", she said, her voice carrying a hidden glimmer of mischief. "Dard ho raha hai, kitni sakti se kheechi thi tumne meri haath," she pretended to be hurt, quivering her lips. Haseena started to button up the shirt herself, not before giving her a stern look.

Karishma took a step forward, placing her right hand on the wall, while Haseena took a step back instinctively but found herself sandwiched between Karishma and the wall as the latter slightly leaned into her.

"Sidhi khadi nahi reh sakti ap?" Haseena faked anger, trying to ease the thick tension building around them.

"Maine nahi kiya yeh", Karishma pointed towards Haseena's hand that was clutching her shirt. Haseena's eyes darted around the tiny room, trying to hide the rosy blush that appeared on her cheeks in no time, feeling Karishma's heated gaze on her. She moved her head slightly to her left but Karishma was quick enough to put her unoccupied hand behind Haseena's head, pulling her forward before the clothes hanger behind her could strike her head. Haseena, who didn't realize the actual reason behind this action gasped, feeling Karishma's warm breath all over her face.