Chapter 46

Haseena watched the mesmerizingly luminous day gradually embracing darkness while the chilly breezes were seizing the warmth of the afternoon as she roamed around the lawn. Her eyes filled with longing, gazed at the ever so familiar Singh haveli, regal and colossal, every corner of it seemed to have a memory of Karishma engraved in it. Her index finger grazed over the moistened surface of the leaves as she spoke, "Sab kuch waisa hi hai jaisa hum chhod kar gaye the, yeh haveli, iski sukoon se bhari mahaul, yaha ke log, unka humare liye pyaar kuch bhi na badla. Ab bas apka intezar hai.."

Zindagi se lambi hai baat ratjage ki hai,
Raste mein kaise ho baat takhliye ki hai,
Takhliye ki baaton mein guftugu izafi hai Pyaar karnewalo ko ek nigah kaafi hai..

A smitten Karishma kept staring at Haseena as if the latter was not reading her favourite poetry, rather was casting some spell on her with her soulful voice. Haseena on the other hand, felt her cheeks heating up, feeling Karishma's eyes all over her. "Maat karo", she urged, smacking Karishma's shoulder lightly with the book in her hand.

"Ab kya dekhna bhi mana hai!" Karishma's face held an expression of a five year old child who was refused her favourite candy.

Haseena felt her heart melt at her adorableness. "Bohut pyari lagti hai ap aise muh fulate huye", she remarked, kissing Karishma's cheeks while her thumb caressed her perfectly arched eyebrows.

"Why do you do that?" Karishma asked, indicating Haseena's habit of tracing her eyebrows and the amount of time the latter had done this, Karishma was sure that she liked to do it a lot!

"Bas hume pasand hai", Haseena answered as she placed a soft kiss on Karishma's forehead.

"Aur?" Karishma asked, her body automatically tilted towards Haseena, savouring the warmth of her lips lingering on her forehead.

"Aur..", Haseena mumbled as placed her hands over Karishma's eyes, urging her to shut them close and the next moment Karishma felt Haseena's warm lips grazing the outline of her lips while her free hand trailed smoothly from Karishma's nape down her back until it halted near her waist, sending shivers down her spine. A flare of desire sparked inside Karishma at her gentle yet persuasive touch but before she could respond showing the intensity of the desire the latter had aroused in every fiber of her being, Haseena broke the kiss. It took Karishma a few more seconds to come out of her dazed-like state. When Haseena was moving away from her, an urgent tug on her wrist pulled her back and she ended up sitting on Karishma's lap with her legs either side of her. "There's no going back from here now", Karishma soon claimed her lips for a breathless, fervent, consuming kiss while pulling her closer impatiently, as if even the gap of one inch between them was unbearable for her. Haseena slid her hand in the back of her neck, deepening the kiss as they let their tongues do the talking.

"You take my breath away", Haseena heard herself saying as Karishma moved away from her lips and started to place open-mouthed kisses on her shoulder blade, collarbone all the way down her neckline wherever her lips could reach. A fire of undying desire sparked in her skin wherever Karishma's coaxing lips touched her, introducing her to a sensation she never knew existed inside her before and with every passing second this feeling intensified, making her yearn for more. Her breath became tantalizing and their clothes seemed like some unwanted barriers between them and as if Karishma had sensed her thoughts, she felt Karishma's hand over the fabric of her dress, sliding it down from her body and her fingers did the same with the loose sweater Karishma was wearing. Their desires grew into fierce passion as their bodies merged with each other as their souls were, never to be apart ever again.