Page 57

Before I get married.

I would like to know how you want your coffee to be made so I could make you one every morning or even in nights you are loaded with never-ending papers on the table.

I would like to know if there's a food you have your allergy on and what food you do not want to eat and what is the meal that you remember the taste of being at home.

I would like to know all of the dreams and goals you are pursuing for so I will know how to stay at your side and cheer you up when you feel that you are at your lowest point of your life.

I would like to know how often you feel stressed so I will know how often I will choose to understand for it takes blood and sweat to be there.

I would also like to know what makes you mad so I will know how to calm the storms within you no matter how heavy the rain I'll get.

I know,  there will be so many days that you will most likely to be tired and fall asleep without touching your coffee that I've made.

There will be so many times that you might not be available for me or you'll barely have time to tell me how your day went  when you come home late at night.

I know there will be times that I'll be alone eating on the table everytime you'll need to accept the offer to eat at other people's home.

I know there will be so many hard days in order to create our stable future and even maintain the cycle of your responsibilities.

I know that we'll come to the point where we will feel a little rough around the edges or even feel that our fairytale has come to an nightmare.

But I hope we'll remember,

How the coffee was so sweet on windy day

Or how tasteful sinigang is at rainy days

How we are not alone and ended up unconsciously following each other while working for our dreams since the day I've known you well

And how I chose to understand even we're at the most complicated phase of our life
And how you also chose to stay after knowing who I really am.

Dear,

You may have calloused hands in the near future because of never-ending writing,

Big tummy because that's one of the requirement ( hahaha )

Or even you'll lose all of your teeth's and even you got bald

That's not the case, I don't mind

For I will love you for who you are

even I do not know how exactly you look like

That's for the rest of my lives

and I will conscientiously vow.

— Salomrele
( Restored Photo of mama and papa on their wedding day)