Chapter -22

- Your Pov -

I sighed, frustration creeping in as I repeatedly tried to get in touch with Hyunjin, but each attempt ended in unanswered calls.

The room felt ominous, as though hidden eyes were fixed on me. I scrutinized every corner, searching for any signs of unease.

"Why isn't he picking up?" I muttered, my phone vibrating to announce a new message. Hastily grabbing it, I felt a sense of relief to see Hyunjin's name.

Big bro🙎

-'Hey Y/n, sorry for not picking up your calls. I'm just swamped right now. I'll reach out later!'

I stared at the message, releasing a sigh of understanding.

'No worries. Why the sudden flood of messages and calls? Sorry I couldn't answer. We'll talk later.'

Sending my reply, I massaged my temples, still feeling a lingering uneasiness. "There's this strange premonition that something bad might happen..." I murmured, pushing the thoughts aside and redirecting my focus to my studies.

×××

- Kim Minji's Pov -

"What?" I murmured, glancing at Chan, the guy who works with my Y/n in the cafe. "Y/n didn't show up today. Manager said they took a day off, not feeling well," Chan politely informed me. I sighed, clenching my jaw at the realization.

Y/n is unwell, and I had no clue...

"Uh... thanks for letting me know." I replied, offering a nod before stepping out of the cafe. Lost in contemplation about Y/n's condition, someone bumped into my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," they apologized. Without looking, I reciprocated with a bow.

However, I couldn't help but notice it was the black-dressed girl.

"Wait a minute!" I called out, but she started walking away quickly. "I told you to wait!" I urged, following her, but she increased her pace. "Please, wait!" I pleaded, continuing to pursue her, but she moved even faster.

Suddenly, my phone rang, and I stopped running.

"Babe?" I mumbled, checking the screen and answering, my concern growing that Y/n might need urgent assistance.

"Min, can you come home quickly... I'm scared," Y/n's voice trembled through the phone. I sighed, still catching my breath from the run, scanning the area to find the black-dressed girl was nowhere in sight.

"Okay... I'm coming," I assured, ending the call, and headed back to my car.

"I need to address that black-dressed bitch situation somehow."

×××

- Unknown's Pov -

I hid in the shadows beside the wall, catching my breath and pressing against the cold surface. My heart raced, realizing the perilously close call I just had. "That was too close... If she caught me, I'd be a goner by now," I mumbled, panting and wiping the sweat from my forehead as I took off my cap.

"Why didn't Y/n show up for work?" I wondered, sighing as I peered around the corner and noticed Minji was no longer in sight.

Good. Yet, knowing Minji's persistence, she wouldn't give up easily.

Did something happen?

I sighed, removing my mask to breathe more freely. "Should I head home or something?" I contemplated, biting my lips.

"Or should I check up on Y/n first?" I pondered, feeling a sense of frustration and exhaling sharply.

"I should... check up on them... yeah, that's what I should do," I mumbled, securing my mask and cap in place.

"Haerin?" Suddenly, I heard a familiar voice, causing me to freeze in my tracks.

A/n : hehehe save Y/n 🙏💀