Chapter -19

- Your Pov -

"Yeah, how about you? Is everything going well?" I asked Hyunjin, my voice resonating in the empty elevator as I pressed the button for my floor. "I am doing well, little Hwang. Thanks for asking. How are you and your roommate doing?" Hyunjin's comforting voice came from the other end of the phone.

"It's actually roommates," I corrected, leaning against the mirrored walls of the elevator. "Oh, someone else also started living in the apartment?" Hyunjin inquired with genuine interest. I hummed in agreement, appreciating the friendly conversation. "Woah, it's good to hear you've got more friends to talk to, haha," he chuckled, and I couldn't help but smile.

"What's your new roommate's name? I'm curious," Hyunjin added, his curiosity piqued. "My new roommate is actually the younger sister of Minji," I revealed, anticipating his reaction. "And her name is Danielle." I enunciated the name, waiting for his response.

"Wait... what?" Hyunjin's surprise was evident in his voice, and a brief silence lingered. "What's wrong with the name?" I questioned, my curiosity now taking center stage. "It's nothing, I just... heard this name before," he sighed, leaving a sense of mystery in the air. "Huh, where?" I probed, genuinely intrigued.

"Uh... just drop it, ehm, I gotta go. Bye, little Hwang!" he swiftly ended the call, leaving me in a state of confusion. "What the..." I muttered, the elevator doors opening on my floor. As I walked towards our apartment, my mind buzzed with questions about Hyunjin's peculiar reaction to Danielle's name.

- Kim Minji's Pov -

"What do you want now?" I looked at my stepmother, who had summoned me to meet her. She chuckled. I couldn't decipher her intentions, but a lingering sense of malevolence hung in the air.

"I want you to... agree with me on something," she said, taking a leisurely sip from her drink. "And what is it?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at her. "Well, you know, the property matters, my daughter," she replied, her gaze fixed on me. "I am not your daughter, and Dad is still alive, so stop entertaining such thoughts," I retorted coldly, my anger intensifying.

"Oops...sorry! But your dad won't be alive...his time is coming, haha," she said callously. My anger flared. "What the fuck do you mean he won't be alive!?" I yelled, rising from my seat. "Don't you understand...he has the heart attack problem, and when he hears that his favorite daughter, Kim Minji, is still involved in drugging and killing people...he won't be glad to hear that?" she explained, and I sighed, looking away.

I harbored an intense desire to confront and deal with this fucking gold digger right away.

"What do you mean he won't be glad to do this? Are you planning to spill everything to him?" I glared at her as she took another sip from her drink.

"If I have to, then yes, but I won't tell him just yet, so... don't worry. He will be alive until I decide to reveal the truth to him," she asserted. My frustration surged, and I walked towards her, grabbing her forcefully.

"You, fucking lady, if you ever try to lay your finger on my dad! I will tear your fingers out one by one!" I warned, pushing her away before storming out of the Mansion and getting into the car.

"Drive home," I ordered my driver with a cold tone as I leaned back in my seat. "I have to do something about that gold digger...she really wants to meet with God."

- Your Pov -

As I stepped out of the bathroom, I settled onto the bed. "It's fucking scary..." I thought, a shiver running down my spine as I scanned the room. It felt like someone was watching me, an unsettling presence lingering.

Sighing, I grabbed my phone, hoping to distract myself. "Where is Minji anyway? Why is she coming home late this day..." I mumbled, my thoughts interrupted by a knock on the door. "Come in," I said, still engrossed in my phone.

Footsteps echoed in the room, but when they showed no sign of stopping, I looked up to find Haerin entering. "Haerin?" I greeted with a smile. "Where is Minji unnie?" she inquired, glancing around the room.

"Minji? She's out," I replied, and Haerin nodded. "I was here to get her; the girls wants to have a little party at Hanni unnie's house." She explained, and I nodded. "I just found Dani unnie in the living room. She said you're in your room. I thought Minji unnie would be here too, but I guess she's not." Haerin shared as I got off the bed and approached her.

"I think I should call her," I suggested, but Haerin shook her head. "Uh, you don't need to! I will tell her, don't worry." The cat-eyed girl assured, grabbing my hand.

"Ehm, let's go... you're going with us!" She declared, pulling me along and grabbing my coat from the chair before leading me out of the room.

A/n : Do you want to say something? 🥺