Chapter -09

- Your Pov -

The rhythmic hum of the coffee machine filled the air as I worked behind the counter. A customer approached, a boy with an easygoing demeanor.

"Ehm, you're new here?" he inquired with a friendly smile as he pondered the menu.

I nodded, a bit surprised by the directness of his next words. "What would you like to order, mister?" I asked, ready to jot down his coffee preference.

"Two Americanos and your phone number," he said casually, a playful glint in his eyes.

Caught off guard, I shifted the focus. "Name for the drinks?" I prompted, reaching for the cups to mark them.

"Gyuvin," he replied, his smirk suggesting he enjoyed the banter.

"Alright, wait a bit. Your order will be ready soon," I assured him, glancing at the espresso machine.

As I prepared the coffee, I couldn't help but feel a mixture of confusion and curiosity about his request. Once done, I called out, "Customer 69, Gyuvin!" He strolled up to collect his order.

"Here you go," I handed him the two Americanos.

"Hmm, I ordered something else too," he grinned, looking at me with a mischievous charm.

"My phone number. Sorry, I can't," I responded, feeling a bit uneasy about the request.

"Okay... I'll get that anyway," he chuckled, grabbing one of the Americanos.

"Why just one?" I wondered.

"Ehm, want to know an interesting thing? We study at the same university, so see you there! And this other coffee is for you. My treat!" he winked before swiftly leaving the cafe.

I stood there, a bit bewildered by the encounter. "What the... heck," I muttered, scratching my neck. With a sigh, I picked up the coffee.

"I don't have a choice anyway," I mumbled to myself.

As I continued working, the sound of the entrance bell chimed, indicating a new customer. Greeting them without looking up, I asked, "What would you like to order?" in a tired tone.

"A black coffee and a bunch of kisses!" I heard a familiar voice respond, causing me to glance up.

"Minji?" I mumbled, surprised to see her standing in front of me with a playful smile.

"Hi," she greeted, extending her hand, and I waved back.

"What brings you here?" I inquired.

"Ouch, can't I come here? Obviously for a coffee and the kisses!" she teased, making me blush slightly.

"Okay, what name should I put on the coffee?" I asked, grabbing a marker and a cup.

"Mommy," Minji replied, and I was caught off guard. "Uh... what?" I questioned, puzzled by her choice.

"Minji! Minji! It's Minji!" she clarified with laughter, and I nodded, instructing her to wait for her order.

×××

- Kim Minji Pov -

Sipping on my coffee, I leisurely observed Y/n, who was immersed in their part-time job. The play of concentration on their face added a certain allure.

"You look surprisingly hot when you're serious," I mumbled to myself, letting out a sigh, a smirk playing on my lips.

"I need you, Y/n," I continued, my gaze unwavering as I sipped my coffee, contemplating the delightful chaos I planned to stir.