Chapter -07

- Your Pov -

"Okay, you will work from tomorrow. Best of luck, and be on time, okay, kid?" The manager patted my shoulder, and I nodded with a grateful smile.

"Thanks for that, Manager-nim," I expressed my gratitude, and he returned the smile.

"You're welcome, kid, and don't forget to get in on time, okay?" He continued walking to attend to his duties.

I smiled, realizing I had secured the job. "So, I got the job!" I murmured to myself, preparing to leave the café.

"Y/n?" A familiar voice called out, causing me to halt in my tracks. I turned to meet the gaze of the person calling my name.

"Woah... woah! What are you doing here?" I exclaimed, eyes wide in surprise.

"I work here, duh. I heard your name, so I just ran from my work like, 'Oh, Hwang Y/n?!'" he explained with a playful grin.

It was Chan, my brother's best friend who lived in this town.

"I heard you're gonna work here from tomorrow?" he inquired, and I confirmed with a nod.

"Okay, best of luck, kid!" he patted my shoulder, and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"You sound like those old people. Haha, oh, I forget you're already old!" I teased, and he rolled his eyes.

"No, I am foive!" he insisted, showing his five fingers.

"Okay, whatever. I gotta go!" I said, attempting to leave, but he shook his head.

"No, I won't let go until I treat you to a coffee here!" he declared, grabbing my hand and guiding me to a nearby seat.

"I am damn sure you will like the coffee!" he winked and went to make the coffee.

×××

As I ambled back home, a satisfied smile graced my lips, and my eyes sparkled with the contentment.

"To be honest, that coffee was a chef's kiss!" I mumbled, navigating through the serene streets with a sparse population.

"But the cherry on top is landing that job!" I rejoiced, the radiance of my smile intensifying.

"And having Chan around for support is a definite bonus," I reflected, nodding affirmatively to myself.

Yet, amidst my elation, thoughts from the morning crept in. Why adorned with those mysterious biting hickeys? A fleeting notion of being nibbled danced in my mind. "I must check this," I resolved.

"Y/n?" Suddenly, a familiar voice pierced the air, causing my smile to waver.

"Why is she here?" I pondered, turning to meet her cold gaze.

Minji seized my hand, guiding me to a secluded spot. As we reached, she assertively pushed me against the wall.

"Who was that?" Her tone was frigid, her hand pressing firmly on my shoulder, anchoring me against the wall.

"What's with this behavior?" I wondered, my throat tightening.

"Did you date that guy?" She continued, a barrage of questions leaving no room for my response.