Chapter -06

- Kim Minji's Pov -

The living room was draped in an unsettling darkness when I broke the silence with a question, "You're home?" My voice carried a chilling tone as Y/n halted their steps on the way to their room. Their response was a nervous affirmation, "Uh...yeah." I cast a glance at the moon, its pale glow accentuating the eerie ambiance.

"Did you eat your dinner?" Y/n inquired, to which I shook my head. "I was waiting for you," I declared, and when I finally turned to face Y/n, they met my gaze with an apologetic look.

"Uh...I'm sorry, but I already ate," Y/n explained, their eyes fixed on me with a mix of nervousness and regret.

"Oh, is that so. It's good to hear. Who was with you too?" I interrogated, a coldness enveloping my demeanor.

"N-none. I was alone," Y/n stammered, eliciting a cold, humorless laugh from me. I closed the distance, walking closer to them.

"Don't try to lie to anyone, especially me. I know you were out on a...date," I asserted, each word punctuated by an advance towards them.

"Hanni was with you? Wasn't she?" I asked, a frigid smile playing on my lips. I observed them gulp nervously.

"Owwh, are you thirsty for me?" I thought, my sigh cutting through the tense atmosphere when I received no response. "You know what? You don't have to reply because I already know and saw it with my own eyes," I declared, retreating back to the couch and seating myself.

Then, footsteps approached in my direction, but I didn't bother to look. "I am sorry, Minji if I didn't get the permission to go out and hang out with your own best friend," Y/n apologized, bowing before me. "I won't do that again," they added as I regarded them with a cold, scrutinizing gaze.

"Awwh, what a cute puppy! I really want you to break the bed with me," I mused internally, a wicked undertone lingering in my thoughts.

"And sorry about that night...I know I did something bad with--" Y/n began, but I swiftly cut them off. "It's not bad. It was holy as hell. And don't say sorry when I had fun with it," I remarked, watching Y/n's stunned expression.

"And I will forgive you if you have dinner with me," I proclaimed, rising from my couch.

"W-what? But I am not h-hungry," Y/n protested as I closed the gap between us.

"You know which type of dinner I was suggesting?" I teased, a seductive edge in my voice.

"W-what?" Y/n's eyes widened in apprehension.

"Ahh, just come. I cooked beef!" I abruptly changed the subject, grabbing their hand tightly as I led them to partake in dinner.

×××

- Your Pov -

As I woke up the next morning, the sensation of the shower's warm water enveloped me. While washing my body, my fingers traced over fresh hickeys, evidence of some unknown encounter. I mumbled to myself, puzzled, "Hickeys?" as the water droplets fell on me. I scrutinized the bite marks, trying to piece together the events of the previous night.

"How... I remember falling asleep, and then waking up with nothing. Maybe something bit me, and it's just, ugh, whatever!" I dismissed the thought, letting out a sigh. I hurriedly showered, running my fingers through my wet hair, and stepped out, grabbing a towel.

As I dried my hair, I glanced up and found Minji sitting on my chair, accompanied by her peculiar-looking dog. "It startles me," I thought, noticing her presence.

"Minji?" I called out, breaking the quiet of the room. She looked up with a smile.

"Good morning! How was your sleep? I'm sure you enjoyed sleeping," she greeted, and I nodded in response.

"Good morning as well," I replied, still processing the mysterious marks on my body.

"My morning is definitely good!" she exclaimed with a mischievous smile, hinting at some unknown excitement.

"Oh, something good happened?" I asked, curiosity piqued.

"Yeah, something good happened last night," she smirked, patting her dog, which added an air of mystery to the situation.

"What?" I wondered, a mixture of confusion and interest in my expression.

"Uh... cool," I mumbled, unsure of what to make of her cryptic revelation.

"Ehm, I made breakfast, come," she suggested, abruptly changing the subject.

"Um, sorry, Minji. I can't, I have to go somewhere," I explained, glancing at her.

"Where?" Her tone shifted suddenly, a coldness creeping into her voice. "Are you going out with someone?" she interrogated.

"No, it's just an interview for my part-time job," I clarified, feeling the need to justify my plans. She nodded, though her demeanor remained serious.

"Where are you working?" She continued with the inquiries, her persistence making me uneasy.

"It's a cafe close by," I replied, hoping to keep the details vague. Her sigh suggested she wanted more information.

"Which one?" Her insistence heightened.

"The closest one," I answered, keeping my response concise. She nodded, seemingly satisfied.

As she stood up, releasing her dog, it darted out of my room, leaving me wondering about its peculiar appearance. Minji then called my name.

"Y/n?" she said, standing unexpectedly close to me. I blinked, taken aback by her proximity.

Her face hovered inches from mine, a strange intensity in her eyes. "Best of luck... I'll see you," she said, surprising me with a kiss on my cheek. Her lips grazed mine, leaving me in a state of bewilderment as she exited the room.

"What the... hell was that?" I pondered, holding my cheek. The encounter left me feeling a mixture of discomfort and, if I were honest, a strange blush that I couldn't quite shake off.

×××

A/n : You all can take a wild guess about what went down with Y/n last night ;)