Chapter -17

- Your Pov -

"Customer 54!" I called out, awaiting their arrival to pick up the order.

After a few minutes, a person walked over to collect their order. As I looked up, I noticed it was a girl. Something about her appearance felt familiar - the one from the elevator, dressed entirely in black with a black cap and mask.

She took the order and proceeded to pay before leaving. A sense of curiosity and concern lingered in my mind.

"Is she the admirer or something?" I wondered, feeling a bit uneasy. The mysterious admirer had been sending me letters every day, creating a sense of fear and uncertainty.

"Y/n?" I heard Chan's voice calling, bringing me back to reality. "Huh?" I mumbled, shaking off my thoughts.

"Are you okay, mate?" he asked, showing concern. I nodded my head, trying to refocus on my work.

×××

- Kim Minji's Pov -

"Bro, I failed in my math test!" Haerin exclaimed dramatically, laying her head on Hyein's shoulder as if failing together made it a special occasion.

"Oh, is that so? I barely failed... oh, I passed!" Hanni announced with a triumphant tone, eliciting an eye roll from Haerin.

"First time you passed," Haerin remarked casually, and Hanni shot her an indignant look.

"You insult your older!?" Hanni pouted, seeking validation.

"Yes, I am. It's a fact," Haerin responded, rolling her eyes, and Hanni, not one to be defeated, threw a small tantrum, emitting a weird sound that, according to some boys, was cute. In my opinion, it was more like, 'eww, so cute' *side eyes*.

"Hey, unnie, why are you bullying this 5-inches girl!?" Hyein interjected with a playful smile, and we burst into laughter, leaving Hanni in a state of stunned protest.

"I am not FIVE INCHES!!" Hanni retorted, defending her honor, but Haerin, undeterred, rolled her eyes again.

"Oh, sorry, 4.4 inches," Haerin teased, and Hanni sighed, throwing another mock tantrum.

"Hey, stop teasing Hanni unnie!" Danielle, or as I like to call her, my step-sister, chimed in. I couldn't help but roll my eyes as I heard her speak.

"Okay, let's stop teasing her!" Hyein declared, and the others agreed, shifting the conversation to the latest school gossip.

Amidst the banter, my phone vibrated, and I sighed, wondering what awaited me in the digital realm.

×××

- Your Pov -

As I stood at the entrance, I rang the bell of the apartment, exhaling a sigh while anticipating someone to open it. The door swung open, revealing Danielle, who greeted me with a warm smile. "Hey!" she exclaimed. "Hi..." I responded, entering with a sense of weariness.

"Feeling tired?" she inquired, to which I nodded in agreement. Just as I was about to inquire about Minji's whereabouts, Danielle preemptively provided an answer. "She is out for something," she disclosed. "I'll head to the shower, and after that, we can make dinner together, okay?" I proposed, receiving a nod of agreement before retreating to my room.

Once my coat was off, I pondered Minji's current location. "Where could Minji be at this time?" I mumbled, releasing a sigh before heading to the shower.

Post-shower, I diligently followed my skincare routine, contemplating the mysteries surrounding Minji's absence. Exiting my room, I made my way to the kitchen, discovering Danielle engrossed in her phone.

"Hey Y/n, are you done?" Danielle asked, diverting her attention my way. Confirming my readiness, I washed my hands in preparation for the culinary endeavor, donning a cooking apron for the task. Out of the blue, Danielle interjected with an unexpected comment, "You look hot in this apron." Caught off guard, I sought clarification, "Huh?" She casually brushed it off, "Nothing, just saying you look good," as she proceeded to cut the vegetables.

Her compliment left me perplexed. "Why did she say that?" I wondered, attempting to refocus on the cooking process. Abruptly, my phone vibrated, drawing my attention. "Who could that be?" I pondered, checking the message, which turned out to be from my brother. After a quick response, I refocused on cooking.

"Y/n?" Her voice pulled me from my thoughts. "Yeah?" I responded, prompting her to bring up an unexpected topic. "I heard someone proposed to you today for a date," she stated, her eyes reflecting a desire for the right answer.

Acknowledging the proposition, I explained, "Yeah, someone did. But I turned her down since I'm dating Minji." Danielle nodded, expressing that Minji was fortunate to have me.

In an unforeseen turn, Danielle shared a hypothetical scenario, revealing a possessive side. "If I were Minji, I'd always be there for you, ensuring no one could lay a finger on you. You're so super attractive that I'd want to lock you in a room to make you all mine," she disclosed while cutting the vegetables.

"And whoever tries to do something with you, I wouldn't let them breathe. They will be in their grave," she added, her tone intensifying.

"I'll always keep an eye on you to see what you're doing, who you're talking to, etc., etc.," she continued, sending shivers down my spine.

Why was she revealing all of this to me?

"But Minji unnie seems softer, though not as soft as you might think. She can turn into a devil if you do something bad behind her, so don't do it. If you do, just tell me so I can help you," she advised, leaving me feeling more confused.

"Uh... okay... but I'm not going to cheat on Minji," I stated, to which she chuckled.

"People change, Y/n, people change," she concluded, looking at me.

"Here, the veggies are done!" she announced, and I nodded, grabbing the cut vegetables.

Why did Danielle choose to share these details with me?

×××

A/n : 🥴🥴 Y/n bro is confused. 🥴🥴