#NoMoreBullying

Kat and Cori have taken the #NoMoreBullying challenge, and are here to talk about what bullying is and how to overcome it.

Bullying is something that has been festering around the world for a very long time. The definition of a bully is a person who uses strength or power to harm or intimidate those who are weaker.

That is NOT OK.

It doesn't matter why you bully someone, or what your backstory is. No matter what has happened to you in the past, it DOES NOT give you a right to harm others verbally, physically, or any other way.

This is being seen a lot lately throughout race and sexuality. If you are unkind to someone because they have different skin color than you, or identify as part of the queer community, you are bullying them, and are possibly causing damage to their self-esteem and confidence.

This is why we suggest that you do the following things if you are being bullied.

1. Cyber Bullying:
- tell someone immediately
- do NOT respond to the bully in anyway
- block or mute the offender
- report them

The easiest way to avoid online bullies is to ignore them completely.

2. IRL Bullying:
- TELL SOMEONE IMMEDIATELY
- if you can, stay away from the person bullying you
- NOTIFY SOMEONE
- NOTIFY ANYONE

The easiest way to get out of an IRL bullying situation is to TELL SOMEONE.

If you are being bullied at home, or feel unsafe in the environment you are currently in, call the police or a safe line.

Thank you for taking the time to read this statement about the #NoMoreBullying challenge.

- Kat and Cori