Prologue

Location: Finley, Texas

Danny Jones and Sarah Hill had been crushing on each other since kindergarten. Everyone knew that. Everyone, that is, except for Danny and Sarah.

For the rest of the South Finley, it was a relief when they finally started dating.

"He was so romantic," Sarah gushed. "He left flowers at my locker."

"I don't remember leaving flowers," Danny shrugged. "But if Sarah's happy then I'm happy."

Yes, it was a miracle when the couple started dating, but there was more to it than sheer luck and confidence.

In fact, weird things started happening as soon as word spread that Danny had a crush on Sarah and that Sarah secretly returned his feelings.

Danny got switched to Sarah's biology class halfway through the school year. Sarah somehow received an invite to a party that Danny was coincidentally also attending. Sarah's car broke down right in front of Danny's house. Danny- being the klutz he is (obviously)- burned a hole through one of the chemistry tables during a lab, which resulted in extra tutoring classes taught by none other than Sarah Hill.

It was like Danny and Sarah were being pushed together by some invisible force. Like some Greater Being was causing all of these things to happen just so they would end up together.

You could say that's what it was, but in truth, it wasn't that complicated.

Cameron Bower and Toby Olsen always flew under the radar, never really being noticed by anyone.

But they were keeping a HUGE secret.
Since the ninth grade, South Finley High had a strange amount of successful couples, and C and T were to blame.

No matter who it was, no matter who they liked, and no matter what the circumstances, the two girls managed to match together 103- now 104- couples and had not once been discovered.

That was the secret to Danny and Sarah.

-Just two girls with clever heads and too much time on their hands.

...And no one knew.