Chapter 12: Deep Blue Abyss

Honkai has existed as human civilization evolves and grows. With warriors bearing their mark, the Stigmata are the only hopes remaining for the human race.

One example is based on a Chinese legend that has been documented by archaeologists and historians in China.

Hime Xuanyuan or rather the Yellow Emperor as the people called her in their hometown the Xianzhou; once wielded a Golden Sword bearing her namesake as she single-handedly fought the Honkai army.

In exchange, she gave her life to seal the demonic Honkai entity known as Chiyou in the deep underworld of Xianzhou. Since then, its Stigmata and its sword only exist in legends and myth.

South Ocean, Guangzhou

Ryusuke's boat, carrying the Schicksal team, has arrived at the location of Xianzhou. He stopped the boat in the middle of the South ocean of Guangzhou where the mainland was 7 miles away from their location.

(A/n: I will nickname Himeko's father Ryusuke as Ryu)

Ryu: Alright everyone, we're here. Now if the legends are true, Xianzhou should be around here. Is everyone ready?

The Valkyries and the Knight have worn their diving gears and their helmets are on their arms, signifying they are ready to dive into the deep waters. Fu Hua suddenly felt a disturbing presence in the water.

Fu Hua: Major, a large cave has been detected below the water's surface, and it contains traces of Honkai energy.

Himeko: Okay, it's time to dive down there and explore it!

Kiana: Wait, what about him?!

Kiana points out Ryu's condition.

Ryu: It's alright, I'm not gonna go down there. Y/n assigned me to guard this place for now until you come back out of water from your deep diving.

Eula: You sure you'll be fine staying here in the middle of the ocean?

Y/n: Trust me, he can handle it. Let's focus on the task we've given.

Himeko seems to be narrowing her eyes about Ryu's stay in the boat, but Y/n assures his own safety when he looks at her. They all jumped down and dived into the waters below leaving Ryu alone on the boat.

Ryu: Good luck down there...

*Opening 2 plays: Blue Bird by Ikimono Gakari*

Kiana is in awe at the underwater's nature gifts such as corals, fish and jellyfish which it was quite harmless unlike some jellyfish would.

Kiana: Woah~! It's so beautiful here!

Himeko: Kiana, what are you doing? Focus!

Eula: Come on, Kiana. You can achieve the underwater beauty when this is over.

They swim deeper further as they reach into some kind of a deep cavern leaving Y/n confused.

Y/n: Umm, Fu-san, where's the cave?

Fu Hua: The readings indicated that it's at a deeper point than this. Meaning it could be right down here.

Himeko: Then let's follow the traces of Honkai energy.

Himekko and the rest go swimming deep into the cavern. Eula can't help but feel like someone's following them as she looked behind her back to watch that nothing's following them except small fishes that are wandering and nothing else. Y/n saw this and asked her.