Chapter 8: Prelude to War against Corruption

At night in the shrine, Yae is having a bath with the water in a small tabo as the water is flowing out of a small bamboo, filling up the square tub. She puts the tabo down and dries herself up.

But then, the voice of Kyuubi in her mind starts to hallucinate.

Kyuubi: Still praying for the dead villagers?

Yae: *mutters* 3 died of hunger last night. Then Daisuke, Saburo, and Hiyoshimaru at midnight. The following day, a bear got the twins; Katshuchiyo and Kochiyo. 10 people died the day before, 18 this week. More will die.

Kyuubi: How unfortunate. The village can't even feed or protect itself. The solution is simple.

Then the manifestation of the dark pink rose fox manifested inside her visions.

Kyuubi: Feed me... Feed your mighty god as you always have.

She's holding her head tightly, trying to fight back. But it was proved too strong with her heart rate rapidly increasing and she's breathing really fast like her oxygen is puffing it all out of her body.

Kyuubi: I shall grant you fangs and blades! Unleash your vengeance and your hatred! Give in to the darkness! Join me!

But then the village chief told her something as she was snapped out of her illusion.

Village Chief: Miko-sama, we're running out of time. Make your decision quickly.

Yae's breathing is now slowly returning to normal.

Meanwhile in the hideout all of them are now sleeping while leaving some to take overwatch of their hideout. The others are talking about how they will plan it out. Y/n and Mei are sleeping on separate beds in one room.

But suddenly Y/n's Innovade Hybrid heart glows and the crucifix necklace on Mei's neck glows as both objects pull the person's souls down to a different realm.

Y/n was the first one to wake up when he felt like he's laying on something wet.

Y/n: *groans* Why am I laying down on something wet... *finds Mei* Mei?

Mei: Y/n... Where are we? Who are they?!

Y/n gets up as he finds that all Tailed Beasts are gathered around Y/n, mei and two more objects inside his mind.

Y/n: Calm down, they're not Honkai. But instead they're like ancient guardians of Valkyrie and Knights combined. They're the Kings and Queens of the Knight and Valkyries we know of in our world.

Yae Rin: Correct, and the orange fox here is one of the current guardians of the village you're in.

Mei and Y/n turn around to see Rin's spirit floating on a Sakura tree.

Mei: Rin? What are you doing?

Yae Rin: If you want to understand the situation of my sister and relating to the ritual that the village here is doing; I will tell you the story about the Mio Priestess and the memories in her heart.

*Opening Season 1 plays and shows*

Rin now narrates the story of the past memories and the bonds of the Yae sisters have.

There was a simple village. The chief priest or rather, my father married someone who became our mother. As they were married they made and born twin girls during birth: Sakura and myself, Rin.

But I was sickly that after my birth, it cost every life and effort my mother had in order to give birth to me.

So, it left only the three of us in the Yae family. Because of my sickness, Sakura spent most of her time tending and treating me from my sickness.