²². ᴰᵘᵛⁱᵈʰᵃ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎 || 𝘋𝘶𝘷𝘪𝘥𝘩𝘢

WHAT WOULDN'T JAXON DO FOR A LIFE BESIDES THE ONE GIVEN TO HIM.

This wasn't a question he posed to himself, but a rhetorical statement he could answer instantly. No sense of pondering such a question. The acknowledgement that he wished for something more often made him pose an actual question.

Why won't I go for it then?

Now, that question left him at a loss. Although it might be what he wanted, could he leave this life behind? Could he go live in a big house with a white picket fence? With a wife? A kid? A dog? A normal 9 to 5 job that didn't put his life at risk?

He doesn't think so. This then placed him in a spiral of confusion and ill attempts at reasons that could normally pose as justified. But he knew this life was made for him when he came into the world. Past threads of this life were still untied and that dream life he wanted wouldn't be achievable until he tied off the loose ends.

But even with the reassurance that it could be achievable, Jaxon didn't feel any better about what he saw and what he did. They were illusions, he knew and understood that. It still didn't help comfort him whenever he looked at Natasha. Flashes of the wounds appeared across her body before reverting. No matter how many times he saw it and thought his body had gotten used to it, he still felt the churn in the pit of his stomach.

There was no real way to combat it besides not looking at her. Never make eye contact with her and just wait until the shock and flashes of the illusions were gone. But that alone was still a mystery to him as he wondered how long these illusions would affect him.

After the lengthy flight which no one spoke, they finally arrived at the supposed safehouse Clint had promised. While most of the team grabbed their essentials and moved toward the house, Jaxon continued to sort through the Talon gear.