¹⁴. ᵀᵉˡˡ ᴹᵉ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝘛𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘔𝘦

THE COLD CELL IRRITATED JAXON'S SKIN AS HE PICKED AT A LOOSE THREAD FROM HIS SNEAKERS. Thinking and imagining himself somewhere else besides a police station. He should be home with his parents and sister. Having the Sushi his grandmother sent them whilst she was away.  Not in some cell where he hadn't been given water or a chance to call someone. Only himself.

The loneliness it brought him was nothing short of normal with his life. Loving parents and a loving sister that wanted the best for him. But it always ended with him parting from them and doing stuff on his own. Finding himself in far more shit than one could possibly handle. Fighting, stealing, drugs - you name it and he got in shit for it. This time though, he had been having his doubts about getting out as easily as the past few times.

"Jaxon Carter, you must have pretty powerful people to get out of here for killing that man," a police officer, Jaxon believed it was Officer Jackson, told him. "But I promise you, the next time I see you, there isn't a way you're getting out of this without punishment. Now, get out of my sight."

The 14-year-old boy stood to his feet and stepped out of the holding cell. His Head hung low as he was escorted by Jackson through the halls. Walking through the offices where officers glanced in his direction. Already having heard about the boy in the past 24 hours.

Arriving out front, he found his sister waiting by her car. Arms crossed tightly over her chest as she paced, clearly worried. She had a tendency to hide all her emotions when it came to everyone else. Once Jaxon was thrown into the mix, she breaks. It was one thing that the two siblings shared. Their clear love and care for one another that couldn't compete with anyone else.

Since Jaxon was just a kid, his sister was there for him. Whenever he got in trouble, his parents yelled at him. But his sister allowed him to express himself and explain what happened. He is an angry kid and Sharon still loved him nonetheless. Even when he did something horrible, she was always there. Looking out for him and willing to take all his pain away.

But when she saw Jaxon, her eyes brightened as she smiled widely.

"Jax." She jogged over, engulfing the young boy in her tight and warm hugs. The ones that made all Jaxon's defences wash away and nothing but love to be felt.

But he knew he didn't deserve this. Someone like him didn't deserve this. What he deserved was a cell. Somewhere far from his family where he would rot away until he was killed by sickness or old age.