⁰⁹. ᴬ ᵀʳᵃᵍⁱᶜ ᶜᵃˢᵉ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 || 𝘈 𝘛𝘳𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘊𝘢𝘴𝘦

THE SOUND OF BEEPING HAD BEEN THE FIRST THING JAXON HEARD. A painful pounding of a headache clapped against his skull. His eyes fluttered open with a groan, sitting up in his bed. Anxiety rose in his stomach as a door opened, revealing a doctor and a nurse.

"Hello, Jaxon," the doctor greeted. "I'm guessing your rest was good?"

Throughout the room, which was part of the facility Jaxon trained in when he became a Quantum agent, was surrounded by medical equipment. An unusual feeling soared through his veins as he looked at the heartbeat monitor.

I don't know why they didn't just kill him. The female voice grew Jaxon's attention as he looked to the woman who wore a plastic smile on her face. "What'd you say?" He muttered, eyes squinting.

"I asked if your rest was..."

"No," he cut the doctor off. "I meant her. What did you say?"

The woman looked utterly confused, with a hint of fear in her eyes. She let out a nervous laugh, looking between the doctor and Jaxon, who continued to glare at her. What's with this guy?

Her mouth didn't move, yet he heard her? Jaxon's anxiety built as he went to point at her. But an orange essence emerged from the palm of his hand and shot out, attacking the woman. She let out a scream as her body went flying into a wall at an unspeakable force. A red splash of blood from the back of her head coated the metal walls. Her screams silenced in a split second, with Jaxon choking on a breath.

Jaxon nearly fell out of his bed as he scrambled out of it. The doctor sprinted out of the room within the moment of Jaxon's attack.

"What the fuck?" Jaxon muttered. "What the fuck? What the fuck?" Over and over, Jaxon repeated it while combing his hair. Exasperated breaths left him as he paced beside his bed. He bent down and groaned, bile bubbling at the bottom of his stomach.

"Get him prepped," Catherine's voice filled his head. "I want him out in the next hour."

His eyes turned towards the mirror that reflected his panicked and fearful gaze. Marching towards the mirror and slammed his fist's against it. "Catherine, what's happening?"

There came no response as he continued to yell for answers. Catherine just watched on the other side of the glass. "Prep subject 007," she said to Hurly. "Erase his memories of this."