²⁰. ᴾᵉʳˢᵒⁿᵃˡ ᴮⁱʳᵈᶜᵃᵍᵉ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 || 𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘉𝘪𝘳𝘥𝘤𝘢𝘨𝘦

"ALL OUR WORK IS GONE," Bruce announced, eyes scanning the screen that projected all the progress both he and Tony had made in the past few weeks. Everything relating to Ultron's development had been flushed from all their systems. "Ultron cleared out and used the Internet as an escape route."

"Ultron," Steve repeated with a scoff. Now thinking about it, the same was strange in itself and posed the question as to who was the one to come up with it.

Standing over a computer, Natasha glanced back at the group as she said, "He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other."

Jaxon's face twisted, looking between Bruce and Tony. "Neither of you thought about backing that shit up?"

"Well, it doesn't seem smart to have classified information in a hard drive that could very much be stolen," Tony commented. Adding sarcastically, "But I'll be sure to keep your critique in mind next time."

Rhodey shook his head, holding his aching arm. "He's in your files, he's in the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" He suggested.

Maria Hill looked up from the cut on the bottom of her foot. "Nuclear codes."

"Nuclear codes." He repeated with a nod. "Look, we need to make some calls assuming we still can."

"Nukes? He said he wanted us dead," Natasha pointed out.

"He didn't say 'dead'. He said 'extinct.'" Steve corrected, placing his hands on his hips and beginning to pace.

"As well as the evolution of humans," Jaxon countered. His eyes flickered amongst the group as he said, "As of right now, we shouldn't dismiss anything. We have to suspect Ultron knows everything and more than us."