¹⁷. ᵂᵃⁿᵗˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᴺᵉᵉᵈˢ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝘞𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘕𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘴

JAXON COULDN'T UNDERSTAND HOW HE HAD MANAGED TO CONVINCE LEAH TO COME WITH THEM. He didn't take himself as a friendly guy just from his line of work. But he somehow managed to convince this enhanced girl to come with him, and she willingly did. And not only him, but she had warmed up to the other girl that was new. Jaxon hadn't picked up on her name, but she was definitely something he had seen before.

Outside of her clothes, her entire frame was made of metal. Hair smooth as silk and eyes wider than something out of an anime. He was basing that she was someone close to Natasha and Tony judging by how the three interacted. But he didn't know her name or her past. Not that he cared because this was a one-time thing. One mission and he was back with Talon preparing for whatever his bosses needed from him.

The jet was compact with gear and the rest of the Avengers. Jaxon was sitting along the side with Leah and the mystery android. Meanwhile Bruce Banner sat opposite of him, Tony was in the cockpit, Steve and Thor were standing over the Sceptre, and Natasha was in the corner of the jet talking to another person they had found at Strucker's castle. There hadn't been much information on who it had been, for Jason at least, but Natasha hadn't left the woman's side once.

"Look." Leah's small voice drew his vision down to her open palms that held a crystalized droplet. Its shape resembled a tear that didn't look like it was going to melt.

She looked up at the assassin, eyes twinkling as he opened his palm. Being given the small crystal, he held it between his thumb and index finger. "You made this with your powers?" He inquired softly, looking down at the girl. When she nodded, lips curling into a giddy smile, Jaxon felt his own match. "That's very impressive. Wanna see something cool?"

Opening his other hand, an orange tendril reached and took the crystal. Leah watched in fascination as the orange essence absorbed it before it popped. It was causing tiny pieces to explode like pop rocks. A giggle fell from the girl's lips as Jaxon watched with a warm smile. Meanwhile, Natasha had risen from her seat and saw the moment. A smile formed on her lips as this was the first time she had seen Jaxon interact with a kid. Not only that, but it was the first time she had seen him smile in a year, as well as him in general.

"So, if you don't mind me asking. Are you a robot? Like, another A.I.?" Jaxon asked the girl sat on the other side of Leah.

"I'm Grace," she answered. "But no, I am not completely robot. Only the body." Grace said.