⁰⁷. ᴸᵉᵃᵛᵉ ᴬ ⱽᵒⁱᶜᵉᵐᵃⁱˡ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 || 𝘓𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘈 𝘝𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘪𝘭

   "HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT ABOUT QUITTING?" Natasha's question had Jaxon slightly blinking away the exhaustion in his eyes. Well, at least trying to after the long day he had yesterday, and hers included. Both had put all their attention to their work with Natasha leaving for a short mission and Jaxon training and researching the target he was given by Catherine.

Shifting slightly, Jaxon glanced down at the woman who rested her chin on his chest, watching him intently. His eyes flickered out the window to the right side of their bed to only hear the faintest sound of vehicles. They were far away from the troubles of New York without anyone able to bother them. A very simple and welcoming feeling for Jaxon who has always been the type to jump location to location, a drifter some may say.

But staying stationary was far better, the plus was that he got to be in that place with the woman he loved. "Yeah," He confessed as he turned his attention back to Natasha. Moving a stray strand of her hair out of her face to brush his thumb against her cheek. "Yeah, I've been thinking about it for quite a while."

Ever since he met Natasha, there had been a whole internal battle going on within his mind. Questioning if leaving this life of purpose would be worth it if he only stayed home and did nothing with himself. He needed a purpose to continue living, it was something that he had searched for forever since a child. If that meant comforting his older sister, doing homework or even getting into school fights. There had been an offer for him to work with S.H.I.E.L.D. from Natasha, but he shot her down. From what he'd learned, if he moved to her boss's ex-husbands department, that wouldn't end very well.

So, the least that could be done was to continue with what he was doing and spend his free time with Natasha. Which turned out to be enough for the pair for a while, but there would inevitably be the urge for both of them to want more. Even now, Jaxon wanted so much more with the woman but hadn't been the greatest to express that to her.

"Do you think, down the road, we could become more?" The question had a smirk tugging at Jaxon's lips as he raised a teasing brow towards the woman. "What? You want me to marry you?"

Natasha scoffed, slapping his chest and rising from the bed. The immediate loss of her warmth had his smiling slightly faltering. But it returned with a tiny flick of his fingers. A set of orange tendrils wrapped around the woman's waist and pulled her back down to him. Yelping in surprise as she fell back towards the bed.

Giggling when she was met by the warm embrace of her boyfriend's chest against her back. "Where do you think you're going?" He husked, placing delicate kisses across the nape of her neck as she chuckled. "I'm getting away from you since you decided to make it a joke. You know you and my sister would get along quite well." Natasha smiled teasingly.