⁰². ᴾʳᵒᵐⁱˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ˡˡ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ᴹᵉ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 || 𝘗𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘭𝘭 𝘊𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘍𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘔𝘦

JAXON HADN'T KNOWN WHERE AND WHY HE WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIELD, FEELING THE WARM BLAZE OF A FIRE A FEW FEET FROM HIM. Groaning as he sat up, feeling the pounding of a headache strike at the interior of his skull as he tried to figure out what the hell was happening. Only finding the strength to carefully rise to his feet, stumbling back slightly as he placed a hand against his forehead. Ignoring the stinging of something dropping into his eye, the stinging was not as prominent as the thundering inside the walls of his skull.

Promise you'll come find me.

A hiss escaped his lips, shaking his head as he blinked rapidly, trying to adjust to the pounding. Whose voice was that? What did they mean? Jaxon had no answers or prior knowledge, his mind empty with only the image of red flowing in the wind. Red glowing under the dimly lit streetlights, red shining, drenched under a flow of water. Then there was green, a set of emerald green eyes looking directly into his soul with this woman's lips turned into a soft smile. Jaxon could feel so many things just at those sights and feelings, they were all he knew.

With a shaking gaze, he took in the sight of the flame dancing across the field. Gasping as he blinked rapidly, eyes not able to stop flickering across the helicopter. Millions of things ran through his head, but his eyes found the sight of a duffel bag. Instinctively, he walked towards it, eyes fixated on the flames that reached up to the stars, pleading to grow bigger and wilder.

Falling to his knees, Jaxon unzipped the bag and ripped it open. Frowning at the sight of guns, money, and passports filling the bag. Grabbing a red passport, he flipped it open to find a picture of him with his name, which he guessed was his real passport. But as he quickly flipped through each quickly, discovering the countless names with his face plastered to them, the further he found himself questioning if his name was truly Jaxon Carter.

The further and further he delved into the bag, the more questions popped up in his mind. But one thing stopped him and it was the fact that he knew he needed to leave. Something told him so, the voice, the promise he wasn't sure if he made with this woman that filled his mind. Natasha. That's who she was, he knew that for sure. Out of everything, her name and that promise stood out to him bigger and clearer than anything else.

Grasping the gun, he inspected it for a moment before standing to his feet and slinging the bag across his body. Coughing with his eyes focused on the flames, the gun finding its place in the hem of the back of his pants before he turned and marched aimlessly. Large puffs of grey clouds escaped past his lips as he walked, the night sky creating short and quick shivers to run down his spine. He didn't know where he was going, all he had was a name and face. Hell, he didn't even know where he was at the moment.