¹³. ᴮᵃᵗᵗˡᵉ ᶜʳʸ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 || 𝘉𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘊𝘳𝘺

THE STREETS OF PARIS WERE BOTH CALM AND UNRELENTING. The concurrent aspects of the city made it rather aggravating for Jaxon to traverse through. Remembering the location given by one of the messengers of Quantum. A ticket to the city and a gun in case anything were to happen.

But the city was nice. From the spectacles of the scenery and views. It all spoke of a perfect vacation that he would have to take with Natasha. Although, he wasn't sure if he was going to be allowed to even consider vacations at this point in time with what had happened in the past few weeks.

People around the world were processing and mourning the loss of August and the civilians caught in the blast. Paris was still recovering from the fear that clung to the streets he and the two other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents had caused with the Russians. Everything about the present wasn't looking pretty or going in Jaxon's favour.

Approaching the front of the École Militaire Jaxon could instantly make out the detail surrounding the perimeter. Guards were posted at specific points near the building and around the statue that sat out front. All protecting one woman who Jaxon wasn't sure was here to kill him or berate him for his massive fuck up.

Catherine hadn't made contact since August went up in flames. Hurley hadn't either, which only made Jaxon anxious as to what they were planning - If they were planning anything at all. So, he was taking the precautions to make sure that if anything broke out of uncontrol, he had a backup plan set.

His steps towards the woman were heard, Catherine turning around with a deadpan demeanour on her face. Her eyes inspected Jaxon and were able to see that the past few days hadn't been pretty for him either. His beard was scraggly, hair unkempt and tucked under a beanie, he looked like shit. Because he was dealing with his own guilt and wishing he could go back and just kill Annette. It would've saved far more lives than anything else.

"You chose a life over millions," Catherine started. "Risking an entire city for one person. Are you giving me a reason not to trust you, Jaxon Carter?"

Jaxon inhaled deeply, pursing his lips. "I made a bad judgement call, ma'am," he stated. "Won't happen again."

"You better fucking hope not!" She spat, stepping towards the man and lowering her tone. "I have Fury on my ass because you killed two of his agents. Not only that but the Council is looking for someone to blame and currently, we're their main targets."