⁰⁴. ᴬ ᵀʳᵘᵗʰ ᵒʳ ᴸⁱᵉ

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 || 𝘈 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘰𝘳 𝘓𝘪𝘦

THE HONKING OF CARS FLOWED THROUGH THE OPEN BALCONY DOORS OF THE HOTEL ROOM. The source of light belonging to the sun up that blasted from the open blinds and windows. Natasha moved from the kitchen towards the living room with a fresh cup of coffee. Sighing softly as she settled herself onto the couch in front of her laptop, taking a sip of her beverage, then another before placing it down on the glass coffee table.

Hers and Jaxon's small vacation had gone like the other two they'd been on. Of course, this was practically a vacation for Natasha as Jaxon still had business to conduct in Santorini. But from what she knew, they still had a few days until he had to go and do his job. So, while he was gone, she decided to work on other things to pass up the time. Not finding the idea of going shopping for milk and eggs that pleasing.

In reality, it was just Jaxon's chance of being out there in the world and not cooped up in their small apartment back in New York. These were some of the only times she got to see him relax, even though in a few days he would be putting a bullet in someone's head and they'd be leaving for the soonest flight home. It didn't bother her though, she had worked in the Red Room, she was an assassin. Natasha knew that she had never given her a chance to relax on these types of missions that Jaxon went on or even the ones she went on for Fury.

Everything felt like an easy change of pace for her. Even working despite being on this mini-vacation felt a whole lot different since she had someone to experience it with.

But her relaxation slowly came to a stop when she heard the sound of shoes scuffing across the ground. The rattling of metal with a grunt filled the air. Her eyes caught Jaxon who lurched over the railing of their balcony and stumbled forward slightly, grimacing in pain, hand pressed against his stomach where a patch of blood rested. Dirt was splashed across his entire body, tiny cuts along his cheeks and forehead from whatever happened.

"Jaxon?" She quickly approached, panic bubbling in her stomach as he watched her with a clenched jaw. "What happened-" Right as she reached to cup his face between her hands, he grasped her wrists tightly.

The action alone had her freezing up, gasping at the glare burning her soul. Natasha stared at him wide-eyed, never having seen such a dangerous and ruthless look in his eyes. Lips parted as she wanted to express the pain he was inflicting on her by his tight grasp, but she stopped herself.