Someday Soon We All Will Be Together

The next morning, the students were awoken by an explosion.

Gathering outside, they find that part of the End Wall had been blasted open. Monokuma is waiting in the courtyard for them, the Monokubs piloting their Exisals to clear a path through the rubble.

"I know it's despair inducing, te prospect of leaving this wonderful place behind..." Monokuma began, tearfully.

"Get on with it," Maki sighed.

"But it is indeed time to say farewell." The headmaster continued as if he hadn't been interrupted.

"Really, Pops, we're letting 'em go? Just like that?" Monosuke asked from his Exisal.

"Damn, I was really looking for a rock hard killin' game!" Monokid complained, "Guess I'll just bully Monodam."

"..."

Monoplane whimpered from her machine, "Blood and guts would've ruined the Christmas spirit though..."

"Enough with the chit chat, side freaks." Miu snapped.

"Ahem," Monokuma coughed, "You may go beyond the End Wall now, though it may not be everything you're hoping for."

Kaede puffed out her chest, "It's going to be okay! We'll all be together after all."

"Kekeke, friendship is a beautiful thing."

Ryoma fiddled with Tinkerbell's green color, making the bell chime gently, as Angie piped up, "Atua will grant us His protection!"

"Gonta protect everyone." Gonta agreed.

And so, despite whatever challenges may lay before them, the sixteen students made their way outside of their winter wonderland. Bidding farewell to the Ultimate Academy, and the memories of death and despair that lingered in their minds, everyone left the End Wall together as friends.

The End.
———

Whew! That was harder the write than I thought. Hopefully it isn't too short, although I'm not sure how to make it longer...

Anyway, thought I'd mention my next NDRV3 project in case anyone was interested: another "characters watch the series" fic since they've been my obsession in the last year. I might not post it to Wattpad though, but I'll let you all know if that changes. Hopefully the prologue will be done by the end of January, maybe even chapter 1 as well?  I hope to see some of you there on AO3! <3