And Evergreen In Winter Snow

It really should've clicked that something extra was going to be added to the tree decorating today when the Monokubs' announcement had something off about it. Now, standing with the others before the table in the dining hall, Shuichi realized just what had been different this morning.

In a basket with a red ribbon tied to it were all the miniatures dolls of the students. They usually hung from the ceiling in whatever room the Monokubs used to make their announcements but this morning they'd all been suspiciously missing.

"Creepy fuckers." Miu muttered.

"Regardless, we should get started on the tree." Kirumi sighed.

"Ooo! Ooo! We need eggnog!" Kokichi cheered, looking up at Kirumi with sparkling eyes. "And a toy train!"

"That's seems like a lot of work..." Tsumugi said hesitantly.

Himiko sat down at the table, laying her head on the table. "Yeah, I just wanna sleep. This special has been too much."

Laying at the other end of the table were the boxes they'd placed there the night prior, all filled with painted ornaments, spools of lights, popcorn strings, candy canes, tree toppers, and tinsel. The tree in question, the only one that Monokuma had made mandatory to decorate, was sitting in the corner beside the door and the wall. It was placed on a festive themed rug, red and white. Under the evergreen branches of the tree were a pair of presents, neatly wrapped, with recipient tags tied to the ribbons. However, Monokuma had attached a black and white sticker to the tags, hiding who they were meant for.

Kirumi and Miu ducked into the kitchen. Himiko reached into the box filled with candy canes and popped one in her mouth, blinking sleepily. Before Tenko could begin cooing over the magician, Kaede pulled her aside before leading her out of the cafeteria. Kaito moved around to start pulling out a large pool of lights, handing one bundle to Korekiyo and taking another for himself. Kokichi grabbed Kiibo by the arm, dragging him out of the room.Shuichi decided to take a seat at the table with the others, watching Korekiyo and Kaito begin dressing the tree with lights. Ryoma quickly ducked around them, picking up both presents and moving them to the table.

"Wouldn't want them to get stepped on."

"Hey, what are you implying! It'd be unmanly to do something so uncool!"

Kiyo laughed, "Accidents can happen. Better safe than sorry."

After ten minutes, Kirumi and Miu came out of the kitchen. Kirumi was carrying a tray of sugar cookies, cut into various shapes like trees, snowmen, stars, circular ornaments, etc.. Miu was carrying a jug of eggnog and an armful of colorful icings and bags of sugar. Shuichi shivered, remembering the punishment of the gingerbread contest.

"Enjoy the beverages, virgins!" Miu laughed, slamming the drink to the table. Shuichi eyed it suspiciously.

"I figured that the tree is too small for all of us to work on at once, so I've baked some cookies that we can decorate while we wait." Kirumi explained, returning to the kitchen to presumably make another batch.

"Hey, watch it!"

Somehow, he'd managed to get himself tangled up in the lights, all of them blinking away as Kiyo tucked them into the highest branches. The tree's top almost touched the roof, so he'd pulled over the ladder used to decorate the door frames to reach it. Kaito had been feeding up the line of lights, a relatively harmless job, but found himself in a situation.

"How'd you manage this?" Maki asked, walking over to the astronaut. She pulled on one end, harshly, "Spin."

I just thought it'd be easier if they were all out and ready to out." Kaito insisted.