Deck The Halls With Boughs of Holly

Korekiyo sighed heavily, lamenting his fate. While celebrating traditions, and helping others with their preparations for said traditions, was a wonderful aspect of the human race, he couldn't understand why he of all people had been roped into this. He was used to being an observer to human beauty, rather than participating in sure events.

And while he understood, in theory, why he was elected for this job, it didn't make him understand why he was the one balancing on a tall ladder, covered in Christmas lights and fresh smelling garland, listening to Miu and Kokichi screech at each other about exactly how you drape garland around the doorframe to the cafeteria. Isn't Gonta taller than Korekiyo anyway? And far more gullible and easily manipulated into helping?

Although perhaps due to the fact that it's Kiyo on the ladder and not Gonta, proves just how incorrect an assessment that proved to be.

Said entomologist, is currently supporting both Ryoma and Himiko on either shoulder below the lights hanging over the dining table, holding a large box of decorations. Clipped branches of the Christmas trees were being shoved on top, permeating the air with even more smells of the holidays.

"For the love of all that is holy, the lights need to go on top of the garland, Kokichi!"

"And I'm saying they should be hung from the ceiling!" Kokichi protested, eyes glittering with stars, "like fairy lights!"

"Umm, perhaps we could do both?" Kiibo tried to interject.

"Fuck that noise! It'd be too cluttered then! And how are we supposed to reach the top of the tree when we finally have to do that?"

Korekiyo sighed again, breath muffled by the mask, ignoring the bickering occurring below him as he struggled to uncoil the garland around his shoulders without dropping the few baubles Kokichi clipped to his hat and sleeves. His hands had been too full at the time to offer much resistance. Kokichi can reach surprisingly high despite his height and gingerbread house showcase from the day before.

Finally hooking the garland onto the hooks Kaito and Kiibo had hammered in that morning, Korekiyo continued gently unspooling the garland and dropping it towards the floor, where Kirumi obligately wove them onto the hooks further down the frame.

Monokuma's motive for today had been decorating as much of the Ultimate Academy as they could with lights and garland. The trees, specifically, weren't to be touched yet.

Suddenly, the door resting against the latter attempted to slam open, gostling Kiyo.

"Careful," Kiyo called down, spotting a glimpse of Tenko, "Let me move out of the way."

Soon, Tenko was marching into the cafeteria with Kaede and Tsumugi chatting behind her, faces flushed red and flurries of snow slowly melting in their hair. Sending a glare at Gonta, the Aikido Masteress snagged another box filled with lights.

Kirumi greeted the girls, "How's the decorations going outside?"

"Fine." Tenko said defensively.

The maid sighed, "This wouldn't have been such an inconvenience to you if you'd accepted Gonta's help."

Tenko sniffed, "And give them prime opportunity to look up Kaede's skirt?!"

Said pianist blushed, embarrassed. Tsumugi scratched at her cheek idly, an uneasy smile on her face, "It's too chilly for skirts, isn't it?"

"That's beside the point!"

Korekiyo finished placing the last of the small, red orbs onto the garland, and passed the lights to Kirumi. The maid nodded politely before scaling the ladder and curling the red and green blinking objects which had been dug into Korekiyo's neck and shoulder for the better part of an hour into the green branches.