A Christmas Letter

This fiction idea was suggested by MikoKitty! Thanks so much, this was actually tons of fun to do!
———
When Monokuma demanded all the students to meet in the gymnasium, Kaede had to admit she was expecting the worst for some reason. Tsumugi had given her a matching set of gloves and scarf to her hat, which was super cute with its music notes!

"Ahem!" Monokuma coughed to get everyone's attention, "Now then, I'm here to announce a very special event!"

The atmosphere in the room dropped considerably.

Monokuma spun on the stage, suddenly getting a white beard and Santa costume The Monokubs spun into view beside him, each wearing elf suits.

"All of youse bastards are required to write letters to Santa!" Monosuke proclaimed.

"Damn straight! This is the time for getting out your heart's desires!" Monokid jeered.

"And of course, Daddy will be acting as Santa so he'll be delivering the presents on Christmas Eve!" Monophonic added.

"Santa is a degenerate male who takes advantage of children's innocence to take them somewhere and do unspeakable acts upon them!"

"Aren't you just talking about Monokuma?" Tsumugi asked.

"I'm a grown-ass adult. I don't want to write letters to Santa Claus." Kaito protested, "Especially if it's going to be you lot."

Ryoma adjusted his hat, "If Monokuma's the one directing this, I have no doubt it's for an ulterior motive."

"Whaaa? Me? How rude!" Monokuma feigned hurt, "I'm trying to offer you all the chance for imports and this is the reaction?"

"Tough crowd, Pops," Monosuke commented.

"Tough crowd?" Monotaro tilted his head.

Kokichi bounded over to the stage, littered with sheets of paper, marker, and sparkly stamps.

"It seems we're to be treated like children." Kirumi sighed, clasping her hands together.

"It'll be fun! We can ask for explosives and giant chocolate statues!" Kokichi chirped.

"I might finally get a painting set worthy of being used in Atua's portrait!" Angie sighed longingly.

"No, wait, hold on!" Miu called out, jabbing her finger at the bears, "What are you gonna use this information for, damned creep show?"

"Why, to inspire me on what to get you all for Christmas!" Monokuma explained.

Rantaro frowned, suspicious.

"What cold looks from my precious students!" Monokuma said. "Not like you have much choice..."

Just as the malicious line was said, the Exisals entered the gym, each with reindeer horns and Monodam's had a red nose.

Tenko cried out and shied away from them.

"All right, we get it!" Kaede called out.

After a few more minutes, all sixteen students had pieces of paper and writing utensils.

Kaito, perhaps predictably, had asked for a spaceship.

Angie had wanted a new set of paints, made of some rare material. Tenko and Himiko, who'd been seated beside her, asked for a magical girl costume and a large fluffy pillow respectively.

When asked, Gonta declared that he wanted everyone to get along and be nice to each other around the holidays. While none of them were family, nor had any within the End Wall, Gonta explained how some families didn't get along around the holidays and it was his belief that Santa could make everyone get along better.

"That such a sappy wish, Gonta!" Kokichi teased.

"It does seem illogical that a fictional character could affect the real world." Keebo agreed, tentatively as to not upset Gonta's feelings too much.

"What?! What do you mean Santa's not real?!" Kokichi cried out, tears streaming down his face.

"Shut up, tiny dick!" Miu snapped.

Kokich clung to Shuichi's arm, shooting back,

"Shuichi would disagree with you, filthy sow!"

"Heee..!"

"W-what?!" Shuichi's face turned Santa hat red, subconsciously reaching up to drag down the rim of his hat, only to recall that it wasn't there.

"Anywho~" Kokichi continued on, "What'd you ask for, my beloved?"

It took a couple seconds for the blush to stop cooking his brain enough for the detective to answer. "A-ah, umm, I don't—"

"I was thinking a pony!" Kokichi proclaimed, "Oh! And I want an ice sculpture in the shape of Santa Claus! But I want it to be melting too! Ooh, and the Santa would be made completely out of chocolate! So it'll be all get and gross... and I wanna lick it all up! Yum yum~!"

"That's not the only thing you'll be lickin' up!" Miu cackled.

Shuichi went red again.

Keebo had asked for some video games and Miu a new car. Korekiyo and Rantaro had similar sentiments: being able to appreciate life for what it is. Kirumi had, under threat of execution, written a single word on her paper: broom. Kaede told Tsumugi about her desire for piano music, and Tsumugi admitted she wanted to stay friends with everyone.

Ryoma refused to share his wish, believing Monokuma too cruel to even ask the question.

Once everyone's Christmas letters were written (under threat of death), they were folded and placed into winter-themed envelopes and handed to the Kubs. Then, Monokuma shut them out of the gym.
———
And now, I am officially out of Christmas prompts....