Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

It was the first day and everyone was gathered in the dining hall, currently examining the two newest additions to the room. The first was a large 14-foot Christmas tree, evergreen in color and pushing against the front wall. There were no decorations on it, it just was perched over a red, white, and green carpet. On the opposite side of the room, was a simple, unlit fireplace.

These weren't the only ones either. After the Christmas special announcement the previous evening, everyone had split up to explore and found that all the rooms had trees set up in them. Tenko had reported that the storage room was equipped with basic Christmas decorations like baubles, strings of lights, tinsel, tree toppers, and winter gear to stay warm. All the Ultimate Labs had undecorated trees, as well as the library and game room. Fireplaces had also been added sporadically throughout the school, all unlit. Gonta had found a pile of firewood behind the school.

Kirumi had just finished passing out breakfast to everyone when the Monokuma spun into existence on the top of the table.

"Good morning, everyone! Isn't this a beee-yutiful day!"

"Oh great, the bear's here again." Maki muttered.

"And what a shame it would be to waste it!" Monokuma continued on, "That's why today's motive will be to play in the snow! Make igloos that collapse upon entering, brain each other with snowballs, suffocate making snow angels! All's fair in this super Christmas Special!"

The headmaster spun away.

Shuichi hesitated, "Well... Should we, go outside?"

Kaito clapped him on the back, "Don't worry about it, sidekick, I'm sure it'll be fine."

"What an idiot," Kokichi teased.

"Hey! What'd you just say?!"

Maki sighed, "This is a waste of time. You all can go an play if you want, I have better things to do."

With that, the red-clad assassin left the room. With an exasperated shake of his head, Kaito marched after her.

As the other students finished their meals and began to drift outside, Kaede pulled Miu aside. "Hey, I have a favor I wanted to ask you about. Do you think you could make small speakers that could play Christmas music?"

"What do you want those for?"

"Oh, I thought we may as well enjoy the festive atmosphere. I was hoping to put them around the school and play Christmas music!"

"Oh, I see... My answer's no!" Miu said sharply.

"A-ah? Miu, please?" Kaede clasped her hands and looked up at the blonde inventor with pleading eyes. "It would mean a lot to me."

Miu grew flustered as she turned her face away, "E-erm, stop giving me puppy eyes. I said no."

Kaede grasped her hands, nearly about to start begging on her knees. Miu grew even more flustered and prevented the pianist from going down, "F-fine! I'll make them, not don't bow to me again! That was embarrassing enough the first time!

Kaede gave her a blinding smile, "Thanks, Miu!"

The girls then proceeded to follow everyone out into the courtyard. As they opened the door, a fat snowball soared into Kaede's face. Miu burst into cruel cackles.

"Had a fun night, didja Kaede-" The inventors crude remark was cut off by another snow ball hitting the back of her head.

Miu whirled around, "Who the hell?!"

Kokichi, head poked out from behind one of the decorative trees framing the doors, snickered before running off as Miu stooped to gather her own ammunition. With an exaggerated fearful expression, Kokichi fled towards some of the other students in the midst of building a snowman.