So Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Finally, the day had arrived. Christmas morning! The dining hall had been locked early the previous night and now, everyone was milling around in anticipation for the doors to be opened.

When Monokuma finally unlocked the doors, Kirumi ducked into the kitchen to prepare breakfast while the other student eyed the presents all gathered beneath the tree, pressed and stacked together between the porcelain Christmas village and the train set.

There were around forty gifts under the tree, two for each student. Half of the gifts were wrapped in paper which made it obvious who they were for, Monokuma stickers with Santa hats slapped onto their sides. The other half were more generic in wrapping with the Secret Santa tags exposed, revealing who they were for.

Kirumi returned with plates full of pancakes, French toast, orange ice, bacon, eggs, fruit bowls, and coffee. After everyone ate, quickly, Tsumui jumped up to start passing out the gifts.

Maki opened hers first. The one from "Santa" was torn open first, revealing a pair of slick combat boots. Once she tried them on at Kaede and Tenko's urging, she found that they were squeaky shoes.

Kokichi found it endlessly hilarious.

Maki's second gift was wrapped neatly in plain red paper. The missing assault rifle was tucked neatly inside. Within the box was a hand-sized container of pink pellets made of foam.

Kokichi leaned into her space, smirking, "Good luck killing anyone with that, Harumaki!"

The assassin seemed like she wanted to bash his head in with the stock of her gun.

Korekiyo was next, receiving a Pet Rock from Monokuma. It's big googly eyes staring in opposite directions as Kiyo looked down on it, unimpressed.

Korekiyo then opened the second gift to reveal a Dancing Haniwa, an object that Korekiyo praised and talked about endlessly to Maki once she admitted that she was his Secret Santa. After about two seconds of talking, Maki turned away to ignore the anthropologists, but Korekiy kept mumbling about all the cultural significance of the object and its geographical location.

Tsumugi handed two small presents to Gonta, who very carefully extracted the paper. Korekiyo managed to mention that he was the one who picked out the cuff links, silver in color, and the tie.

Monokuma's gag gift was enough to make the large man pale, looking at the bug zapper sitting innocently in the box.

Tenko cautiously opened hers next, though she seemed to relax some when Gonta reassured her that he was her Santa. The aikido master squealed with joy as she held up an indigo Hakama to the other girls.

"That's definitely your color!" Tsumugi gushed.

Kaede beamed at her friend, "We totally have to use it in your dojo!"

Tenko preened under the attention, reaching over to undo the bow on her Monokuma present. She'd scarcely opened the flaps before she slammed them back down again, her face flushed brilliant red but an outraged expression on her face.

"I have just suffered a devastating blow to my aikido prowess!" She cried.

"Atua says it's something special indeed!" Angie cheered, leaning over Tenko's shoulder in an attempt to see into the box.

Miu pressed in on her other side, "Open up, flat chest, let's see what it is!"

"No!"

As the girls devolved into wrestling over the package, Tsumugi handed Kiibo his gift. Monokuma had given him a wrench, which the robot took with an unimpressed expression, and opened his gift from Tenko to reveal the latest machine parts catalog.