31

xylah turned off the light to azriel's closet, she had just finished organizing the baby products nalani bought for them to use

she waddled over to the bedroom her and azaire shared, azaire had fallen asleep with his computer open most his clothes still on.

xylah walked over to him pecking his lips then closed his computer and placed it on charge for him.

a contraction hit her and she groaned rubbing her stomach, she was 38 weeks pregnant and the midwife already warned her baby boy would probably come before the 40 weeks were up.

she went to the bathroom and stripped from azaire's t-shirt then turned the water all the way to hot.

she took around 15 minutes to shower then got out wrapping a robe around her body, right as she brushed her teeth she felt her water break.

she groaned again as another contraction hit her hard, she snatched off her shower cap but kept on bonnet that was on her braids.

"mmm...okay baby boy, hollon let's get daddy up.." she mumbled rubbing her stomach and waddled back into the bedroom.

"azaire!" she semi-yelled and his eyes slowly opened.

"hmm??" he hummed trying to close his eyes back.

"mmcht- azaireee." she whined as another contraction hit her.

"what's wrong ma?" he asked yawning.

she grabbed the closest thing to her which was baby wipes before throwing them at him making him jump up,"bruh why the fuck-"

"my water broke!"

azaire quickly moved from the bed going to the closet,"xylah—where the baby bag?" he asked with wide eyes.

"i don't knowwww." she groaned rubbing her stomach.

"shit man- how far apart are your contractions?"

"azaire! stop asking me stupid shit and let's just goooo!"

"okay okay! hollon look breathe fa me, i gotta get our bags to the car..." he said grabbing the keys, he went to pick her up until she pushed him back.

"i got it- move." she grumbled waddling past him.

"ma, i'm not finna argue come on." he said quickly picking her up bridal style and made his way to the front door.

𖧷𖧷𖧷

"how you feeling?" matiyah asked xylah.

xylah shrugged as she ate crushed ice, soon as she got to the hospital she quickly asked for the epidural and she was 4 cm dilated.

azaire sat on the bed beside xylah allowing her to play with his fingers to help calm her nerves,"azaire..."

"yes ma?"