6

The moment Jiang Zhan opened the door in the middle of the night, he smelled a very faint scent of vanilla.

Different from the strong, fragrant and flamboyant scent he smelled when he walked in two days ago, the scent this time was very light, as if he was very cautious and wanted to erase his own existence.

Jiang Zhan squinted his eyes slightly, closed the door with his backhand, and turned on the light.

The light white chandelier lights up, giving a clear view of the entire room without any extraneous figures.

Jiang Zhan walked to the sofa, put down the files, opened his laptop, and looked at the startup screen in silence.

There is always a light scent of vanilla lingering in the air.

Subtle, ethereal, yet fresh.

Jiang Zhan's sense of smell has been very sensitive since he was a child, and he can even keenly distinguish the concentration difference of a certain smell in the air at different times.

The suite in the mermaid room will be sterilized and disinfected every day according to his requirements, and there should never be any other smell left.

Although this familiar vanilla smell is very light, it is as fresh as if it had just appeared a few minutes ago. And it was different from two days ago, when the vanilla smell had a mellow wine-like charm that made people dizzy; now the smell was very clear, and even though his sense of smell was extra sensitive than ordinary people, he didn't feel it was pungent. .

Jiang Zhan tapped the table with his fingers and looked around the living room.

Bai Yan's heart skipped a beat as he hid behind the wine cabinet.

Although there was no clear evidence, his intuition told him that this man seemed to have discovered his existence.

The time was tight just now and he could only hide nearby. In order to have a chance to rush out immediately, Bai Yan did not hide on the first floor, but chose the wine cabinet on the second floor, so that as long as the man went downstairs, he could immediately walk to the door; at the same time, the wine and flowers near the wine cabinet The fruit can also mask some of the pheromone smell for him.

...Although he actually found out after hiding that the wine cabinet was completely empty, and the flowers and fruits next to it were all fake and had no smell at all.

How could there be such a deceptive thing about the presidential suite in a five-star hotel that was promised?

Bai Yan cursed in his heart, while listening to Zhinao's report on the movements of the man on the sofa, ready to escape at any moment.

After squatting for a while, Zhinao, who had been reporting the man's movements, suddenly fell silent.

"Zhi Nao?"

"The target has started the laptop and is checking the file information. The file title is "The Boss Runs Away from His Wife: I Want to Run Away". Do you want to get the detailed data of the file?"

"What nonsense." Bai Yan was speechless. , "There is no need for this kind of data."

The man looked vigilant just now, why did he suddenly start working now? Had he been deceived into thinking that he was not in the room?

——But it’s almost one o’clock in the morning, why isn’t this person sleeping?

Bai Yan secretly cursed in his heart, forced himself to resist the urge to move his hands and feet, slowed down his breathing, and simply let Zhinao read the pinyin in his head to help him consolidate his learning of Chinese characters.