This prescription was meant for her.

Yaoying was lost in thought for a while, then lowered her head to look at the prescription again.

Sultan Gu's  handwriting was bold and strict, his strokes were sharp and forceful, penetrating the back of the paper. Mirroring his imposing and powerful nature.

She had seen Tumoroga's handwriting in the Buddhist temple. It was clear, graceful and ethereal, resembling a flying swan or a gliding dragon. Whether in Sanskrit, Hu language, or Chinese characters, it was all graceful, just like the man himself. Seeming to be a banished immortal on the verge of departing with the wind.

Yao Ying shook her head with a smile, dispelling the doubts that had flashed through her mind in her dazed state the previous night. She had many speculations, this particular one being the most far-fetched.

"This prescription is meant for me." Yao Ying handed back the prescription to the soldier. "We still don't know what has happened in the palace. Don't let Alanruo take any risks going out. I'm feeling much better now; I don't need to take the medicine."

The guard quickly glanced at her face and noticed she was still somewhat weak, her voice lacking energy. Yet, her composure remained calm, her eyes bright and clear, showing no signs of sickness. Recalling how she couldn't even walk properly last night, he silently admired her fortitude.

Yao Ying inquired about the situation at the inn. The guard then detailed the events of the previous night, concluding, "Neither Yuanjue nor the people who left the city last night have sent any messages back. However, please rest assured, Princess, Xie Qing and the others have safely left the inn. Alanruo also found out that today's lockdown in the city was ordered by the palace. It has nothing to do with the inn. The people at the city office don't know about the arrival of the northern Rong's little prince in Gaochang. They think the conflict that happened at the inn last night was just an internal brawl over robbing the caravan's goods."

Knowing that Xie Qing and the others had safely left the inn, Yao Ying felt relieved.

Alanruo, upon learning she had woken up, had sent her a large bowl of stewed meat soup.

The simmered meat soup emitted a strong, pungent aroma, and Yao Ying had little appetite. However, after the turmoil of the night before, feeling weak, she needed to replenish her strength. So, she forced herself to take a few sips. However, the stew induced a nauseating feeling.

As she continued to eat, she heard footsteps outside the door. A figure stood against the light, casting a shadow over her and the bowl of soup in front of her.

Yaoying held the silver spoon in her hand, raised her head and looked at the person in front of the door.

Sultan Gu stood in front of the steps, looking down at her. He put on the demon mask on his face again. He stood tall and straight, his leather belt tightly fastened around his waist. The narrow-sleeved robe outlining his lean figure, like a taut bow, exuding strength with every move.

"Because of me, General Su suffered last night..." Yao Ying said, pointing to the large pot of meat soup on the table. "Would you care to join me for breakfast, General?"

Sultan Gu remained silent.

Yao Ying stood up and served him a bowl of soup, accompanied by a few Hu cakes, placing them on the vacant table.

Outside the door, the sound of long boots hitting the ground echoed as the soldier ran from the other end of the long corridor and whispered a few words to Sultan Gu.

         Sultan Gu turned and left.

Yao Ying watched his retreating figure and then proceeded to eat her breakfast.